046. ꕥ Changed

"Everybody down, down. Get down." My brother rushed out in a hushed voice. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down behind a fallen tree before pretty much tackling Bellamy to the ground. Everyone else followed suit and crouched down behind the fallen tree. I stared out at an old building as I lifted the handgun Abby gave me, resting my arms on the tree; I pointed it at the camp. "This is it." I watched as my brother turned his head to Bellamy. "Told you I'd find it."

Bellamy turned his attention back on the Grounder camp and lifted his rifle to look through the scope. "I see nothing but Grounders." My eyes scoured the continuous motion in front of us. They all looked like Grounders — at first glance, it didn't look like our friends were here. "Our people aren't here."

To my left, Finn grabbed the rifle out of Sterling's hands and looked through the scope. He seemed to have seen something that none of us did. "Wait a minute. They've got stuff from our Dropship."

Bellamy lowered the gun in his hands. "So maybe they know where our friends are."

"Yeah, or maybe they killed them already." John piped up.

"Shut up, John." I was quick to reply before I sat my handgun down and took Bellamy's rifle from his grasp to look through the scope. I did, in fact, see the sheets we used for tents and some seat belts from the Dropship.

Finn spoke up again, but it was more of a mutter to himself. "Son of a bitch."

All our heads turned to Finn, who still looked through the scope of his gun. "What is it?" Bellamy questioned.

"The guy with the one eye." Finn replied before Bellamy took the gun back out of my hold and looked back through the scope. "Around his neck."

"What am I looking at?" Bellamy tilted the gun down slightly to look at Finn.

When Finn looked back at Bellamy, his eyes were as wide as saucers. "He's got Clarke's watch." Turning his head back to look through the scope, he further explained, "It was her Father's."

There was a mixture of horror and realization that came on Bellamy's face. "She wouldn't give that up without a fight."

I swallowed a limp in my throat at the fact at what they could possibly be doing to our friends. I couldn't even imagine what the Grounders were doing to them.

I looked back at Finn to see if I'd was going to say anything else, and he did. "Neither will we."

Raising his gun, Bellamy looked back through the scope of it to take another look at the one-eyed Grounder. After that, he wasted no time giving orders. "You three, stay here, out of sight." His eyes moved from Sterling to Monroe and then to me, but they lingered on me for a second longer. "If this thing goes south, take out the other Grounders. But don't shoot the Grounder with the watch. Copy?"

"What about Murphy?" Monroe asked with eyes on my brother.

"Yeah, do I get a gun now?" John remarked, causing me to roll my eyes.

Bellamy nodded. "Something like that."

When they went to move, I grabbed Bellamy's arm to stop him. My eyes glanced to John before they met Bellamy's. "What are you doing?"

Bellamy turned his head to look at John who's eyes were darting between Bellamy and me. "Don't worry. He'll be fine."

I gave Bellamy a slight nod, and with that, he grabbed hold of my brother. John, Bellamy, and Finn were off to catch the one-eyed Grounder. Once the three were out of sight, I turned back toward the Grounder camp and raised my gun. Giving Sterling and Monroe each a look, I mumbled, "He better be."