004. ꕥ Alone?

Walking in the forest was so breathtaking. The further we traveled into the vast forest, the more beautiful it got. It amazed me to see all the beautiful nature around us.

I walked next to Octavia when she asked, "So brothers, huh?"

The question caught me off guard for a moment until I remembered that she had a brother of her own. "Yeah."

"So, what's it like?" She continued to as we kept walking.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusingly.

"Well, you and your brother are twins, right? I mean, that sounds pretty cool." She told me.

"Woah, you're a twin?" Jasper, I learned was his name asked from behind me. "Can you like sense each other? Like... like that twin telepathy thing. I read about it once in an old book."

"Sadly, no." I replied.

"Oh..." Jasper said with disappointment in his voice.

"What's your brother like?" I asked, turning to Octavia.

"Bellamy? He's uh, great. He's always doing whatever it takes to protect me, as you can probably tell from him sneaking on the Dropship. Why?" She wondered.

"Well, before we left, he told me to stay away from my brother. That he was "dangerous"." I told them using air quotes when I said dangerous.

"On the Ark, he was training to be a guard, so maybe your brother did something in lock-up he heard about." Octavia suggested.

"Maybe." I mumbled under my breath.

❣︎

Not long after my and Octavia's conversation, Finn stopped Octavia to put a pretty purple flower in her hair.

"Now that my friend is game." Jasper told Monty. Someone else I'd gotten to know on this little hike.

"That, my friend is poison Sumac." Monty retorted.

"What? It is?" Octavia panicked before she aggressively swatted the flower out of her hair, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." Monty informed us.

When Finn gave Monty a confused glance, Jasper was the one to explain. "His family grows are the pharmaceuticals on the Ark."

Clarke, who was ahead of us, turned around to face us with an annoyed expression. "Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?"

"Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn asked the blonde.

"Well, it's simple. I wonder 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe, it's because there are none. Maybe, we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on."

"Someone sounds annoyed." I thought aloud.

"Yeah, someone should slip her some poison Sumac." Octavia added, which caused me to snicker.

"I've got to know what you two did to get busted." Finn asked, referring to Monty and Jasper.

"Sumac's not the only herb in the garden, if you know what I mean." Monty told us as we continued walking.

"Someone forgot to replace what we took." Jasper added, obviously placing the blame on Monty.

"Someone's apologized like a thousand times." Monty defended.

"How about you, Octavia?" Jasper started. "Or you Jo, what'd they get you guys for."

Octavia looked over at me. I learned that we have a lot more in common than I initially thought. For example, we both had to hide. We both have brothers that want to protect us. I just didn't get as lucky as Octavia. She was only in lock up for one year, and I was in there for almost four.