088. ꕥ Opposing Sides

My head was pounding as I followed Bellamy out of the hanger bay; it probably had something to do with me just yelling and still having a concussion. Bellamy didn't seem to notice that I was behind him, so I followed him until we got far enough away from people to ensure we weren't heard.

"Bellamy!"

At my voice, he stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. There was an expression on his face I'd never seen before, and I couldn't decipher what it meant. But what I could tell was that he was angry but trying to suppress it.

As I walked closer to Bellamy, he asked me, "What was that? What were you doing?"

My eyebrows furrowed at him. "What do you mean?"

"With Pike." He elaborated. "What the hell were you doing?"

"I was trying to tell Pike that he doesn't run things around here and he should stop acting like he does."

"Jo, come on. You're smarter than this." At Bellamy's words, my jaw dropped slightly, and I was now trying to contain myself.

"Smarter than... what?" I asked, moving closer to him. "Smart as in knowing Pike is not in charge around here, and we shouldn't just agree with whatever he says."

"Pike is right. I thought you were dead because of the Grounders. I thought I lost you!" Bellamy exclaimed, which had my face softening for a moment. "Trikru, the people that are outside our walls right now, killed thirty-seven of our friends before anyone else got to the ground."

"Yeah, that includes Pike!" I shouted, and I resisted the urge to wince at my tone because I knew I hadn't spoken to Bellamy like this since he threw away Ravens radio. After taking a moment to calm myself, I spoke quietly. "I know what's happening."

"Really? And what is that?" Bellamy's tone was... one I hadn't heard since again when he took Ravens radio. It made me realize that we were both using tones with each other we hadn't since that day when we were so mad at each other, and ones we definitely hadn't used since we became a couple.

Nonetheless, I didn't speak with that tone anymore but instead a softer one. "Your guilt is clouding your judgment, and you're letting it. Your guilt for Mount Weather is blindsiding you. Bellamy, come on, please. Don't let your guilt drive you to make a stupid decision."

With that, I turned back from Bellamy and walked away from him. It should've, but it didn't even surprise me when I didn't hear him call my name. I wanted him to. I didn't know why but I did. Tears that I didn't realize were forming in my eyes started to fall from my face, and I lifted my hand to wipe them away.

❣︎

I was as peacefully as I could, sleeping in mine and Bellamy's quarters for a while until a loud blaring alarm woke me up. The remainder of my day was spent in our room because, honestly, I didn't feel like facing anyone after mine and Bellamy's blow up. My eyes slowly opened before I sat up, trying to wake myself up.

As I rubbed my hand against my eyes to try and adjust them, a voice could be heard from the intercom. "All unstationed security personnel report to the main gate."

A loud sigh left my mouth as I quickly got up from the bed and began to put my shoes on. After I was done, I grabbed my guard's jacket hanging up and made my way through the Ark and to the main gate. As I exited the Ark, I saw Kane, Abby, and a few other guards, so I went up to the former.

"What's going on?" I asked Kane.

Kane just shook his head as we kept moving. "I don't know."