016. ꕥ Siblings

After a lot of bossing around and a lot of 'Bellamy, can you carry this over there?' We finally had the batteries tied in and everything else ready, and violá, we had flares.

I stood next to Clarke, waiting for the flares to go off. When they did, Bellamy came up and stood next to me on my left. Watching the flares go up was so beautiful; the pink light that illuminated off of them lit up the whole sky. I hoped they'd be able to see them from the Ark and that they'd see them in time.

It made me think of my brother. I wondered if he could see the flares. If he was still alive, that is. I wonder if he knows I was looking at the same thing he was looking at. This gave me a sense of peace, feeling connected to him in this weird way.

"Think they can see it from up there?" Bellamy questioned from beside me.

"I don't know. I hope so. Can you wish in this kind of shooting star?" This caused both me and Bellamy to look at the blonde. Seeing our looks, she said, "Forget it."

Wishing upon a shooting star only seemed like a dream for me; I thought I'd never get to do that. On the Ark, people could probably see shooting stars as they passed by, but not me. I never had that privilege because of my life. It then dawned on me that this would technically be my first shooting star, and therefore, I considered this a shooting star you could wish upon.

"I wouldn't even know what to wish for." Bellamy answered Clarke's question. "What about you?"

The blond didn't answer; she just looked over to where Raven and Finn were sitting watching the flares. So, I decided to answer Bellamy's question. "I know what I'd wish for."

I could feel Bellamy's eyes on me. "Your brother."

"Yeah." I simply answered, looking up to meet Bellamy's eyes. I took a moment and thought hard about what I was going to say. "I'm sorry for all the things I said to you. I shouldn't have said them, but... I can't forgive you. Not yet, at least."

"I think I can live with that."

❣︎

It was sometime in the middle of the night when someone came barging into mine and Harper's tent. It was just me in here because Harper was on watch.

"What the hell?" I whisper-shouted at the figure who is standing at the entrance. I sat up from my cot, covering my top half that was currently bare. Hey, don't judge, it's comfortable, and I'm by myself.

"Jo?" I heard Bellamy's voice.

"Bellamy, get the hell out of here." I said, throwing Harper's pillow at him, which he easily dodged.

"Have you seen Octavia?"

"No." I said, trying to keep myself covered. "Why? Is she missing?"

"I haven't seen her since we got back." He explained.

"Alright. Give me a second, and I'll be right out." Bellamy closed the flap of the tent and left. I got dressed as quickly as I could. I threw on my boots and headed outside. Bellamy was standing right at the entrance waiting for me.

There was something on his features that I had never seen on Bellamy before. He wasn't just anxious about finding his sister, there was sheer panic on his face. It had my face softening as I looked at him because he was obviously freaking out.