072. ꕥ Encounter Of A Lifetime

There were Grounders all around me — they were everywhere. There were Grounders in front of me. They were behind me. They were just... everywhere, which caused a slight edge in me, seeing as I was basically the only Sky Person here. Yeah, there were some of our guards here, and sure there was Clarke and Octavia, but they knew how to act around Grounders. The two girls each had learned a lot about them and had connections. They could understand the Grounders. I couldn't.

I sat next to Octavia on a log set on a hill overlooking the army of the twelve clans. It reminded me all too well of the night Finn died. There were tents set up, and torches lit the field below. It was exactly like the night Finn died, except this time, we were allies instead of enemies.

It was the next night, and a group from Tondc had met up with the rest of the army, and we were now stationed just outside of Mount Weather. We knew from where we were that the acid fog couldn't get to us because we made sure we were just outside its range. Bellamy still hadn't disabled it, and that was worrying me. I was afraid he couldn't do it because he might be dead. I shook my get to try and get rid of that thought, when Bellamy disables the acid fog that was the army's single to start marching.

A plan had been put into place. I didn't know the exact details, but I knew the essential parts. The army was going to be outside the main door, Bellamy would let the Grounder prisoners go, and a group including Indra and Octavia would be there to get them through the Reaper tunnels. Raven was supposed to sneak in and blow the turbines that made it, so they had power.

I hadn't been assigned a team to go with, but I was going to help in whatever way I could. Back at Tondc, Clarke tried to convince me that it was safer there and that I should stay back and help, but I said no. There was no way I was going to miss this fight. I was going to be here when we got our friends back. I was going to be here when Bellamy could come out.

Each Grounder that passed by where I sat, my eyes were locked on them; they all had war paint around their eyes in some shape or form. It only made them look more threatening, which only made me more anxious.

Octavia was no exception to this as she had war paint smudged around her eyes. She was sitting next to me, sharpening her sword on a rock. Something was bothering her, I could tell. She didn't say much; if anything, the silence was a clue enough to know that something was wrong.

I turned my head to look at the younger Blake. "Something's bothering you, Octavia."

"I'm just thinking." She didn't look up from sharpening her sword. I stayed quiet as the sounds of the Grounders started to fill my ears, causing my eyes to dart around at all of them. It was silent for a few minutes before Octavia spoke again. "It's Clarke. I think she knew about the missile."

This caught my attention pretty well since I knew that Clarke knew about the missile. But what did that have to do with anything? "What do you mean?"

"When Clarke came to Tondc, I could tell something was wrong. When I asked her about it, she said 'nothing.' She and Lexa disappeared, and they survived. The dots connect."

I bit the bottom of my lip as I thought for a moment. So Clarke did get to Tondc in time, and she didn't warn anybody. She told no one that the missile was coming. She let Mount Weather bomb Tondc. She let all those people suffer and die.

"We did know about the missile." I informed Octavia, with my words coming out more like a croak. "On the radio with Bellamy, we heard them talking about it. Raven, Clarke, and I knew it was coming. Clarke said she was going to ride to Tondc and warn everyone."

"But she didn't. She walked right past us." Octavia seethed. "Clarke, let those people die."

Clarke had to have had a reasonable explanation for why she didn't tell anyone about the missile, right? She wouldn't just let all those people die without reason. She wouldn't do that, that wasn't Clarke... but what if it was?