042. ꕥ Alive

My eyelids were so heavy. They felt like they weighed a thousand pounds. I was about to submit and close them entirely, finally putting myself to rest.

That was until I felt someone softly shaking me back into consciousness. I used what felt like all of my strength to open my eyes, and I was met with the face of Marcus Kane.

I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to see if the person in front of me was real. People from the Ark were dead. At least that's what I thought until I saw the Ark come down last night.

"Please," I turned my head to look up at my brother. We were still in the same position with him with his back against a crate and my head lying on his lap. "help her."

"We're gonna help you." Kane assured me as he tried to get me to sit up with my back against the crate. "You're going to be okay."

"Clarke's not here." Raven's quiet voice pulled my attention. There was a woman — someone who I've never seen — kneeled next to Raven. "I don't know where she is."

There was a moment of silence before the woman spoke up, "What happened to you?"

My eyes quickly darted to John, his doing the same. We shared a look before looking back to Raven. I swallowed a lump in my throat, preparing myself for what was to come, Raven, revealing that John shot us.

To my complete surprise, Raven didn't do that. Her eyes drifted to John before replying, "I got shot." A weight was taken off my shoulders, Raven didn't rat John out, and I will forever be thankful for that. "I got shot."

The woman did a once-over to Raven before Kane grabbed her attention. "Abby." When she turned towards the man, he nodded at my bleeding left leg.

Abby, as in Clarke's Mother? Looking at the woman now, I can see the resemblance. They look too similar for you not to notice. At first glance, it might now seem that way, but if you looked hard enough, you could definitely tell.

Abby rushed over and kneeled next to my leg. "You got shot too?"

"Yes." I answered.

Abby's eyes turned to my face, and I guess she noticed the bloody spot on my head because she went to push my hair out of the way to take a look. She then stood up and turned to the guards in the Dropship. "We need two stretchers— maybe three." Abby ordered, and the guards swiftly exited the Dropship.

"Come on." Kane came and held out his hand to help my brother. Kane's eyes darted from John to Raven and me. "I can get you outside. Abby will take care of them."

John looked at me, skeptical about leaving. I gave him a nod telling him that he could go. John took Kane's outstretched hand and got up off the ground. They didn't make it too far before I called out. "Wait." John turned back to me, and I immediately grabbed his hand. I gave John's hand a light squeeze before whispering, "Thank you." With that, Kane helped my limping brother out of the Dropship.

As soon as they left, the guards came back with two stretchers. Abby told them to place one beside both me and Raven. After the guards set them down, Abby came and kneeled in front of me again. "You're the girl I talked to on the radio, right? Joanna Murphy?"

I didn't say anything; I only nodded my head at Abby. I internally smiled at the fact that she remembered our brief conversation. People don't usually remember talking to me, and Abby showing that she did, brought the smallest smiles to my face.

Something caused me to turn my head. Suddenly, I started hearing commotion going on outside. It's indistinguishable, so I couldn't hear exactly what was going on. "What is that?" I asked aloud.