054. ꕥ An Ally?

Letting out a small grunt, I finished tying the last knot of the new restraints that held down Lincoln. We had him lying on the floor now with both his legs, and both his hands were tied down, plus an extra big restraint around his stomach.

"We have to stop the bleeding and get the bullet out." Clarke announced as she did... whatever she was doing to Lincoln's bullet wound. She looked to Bellamy and said, "Hold his leg down."

Bellamy finished tying the restraints on Lincoln's legs, moved to hold down his leg. I went to go beside him and help him hold down Lincoln.

Octavia glanced down at the two of us before slowly crawling up to Lincoln with a cup of water. She tried to get Lincoln to drink some, but he refused. He spat the water out and grunted, which caused Octavia to let out a small yelp. And Octavia being the stubborn person she was, tried to hide her emotions. I hated seeing her like this — in pain. I knew this was so hard for her.

I watched the younger Blake sibling as she attempted to shake it off. "I'll get some more."

When she went towards the hatch, Bellamy stood up in front of her. "O, once the drug is out of his system he'll be okay."

"You can't protect me from this one, big brother." Octavia replied quietly as tears were threatening to spill from her eyes. After that, she was out of the level.

Bellamy went back down to kneel beside me. "She'll be okay." I assured him quietly. "Octavia's strong."

Bellamy shook his head. "I wish she didn't have to be."

"I know." I nodded. "But we all have to be, and Octavia is stronger than any person I've ever known."

Out of nowhere, Lincoln started grunting and pulling against the restraints. It only lasted for about a second before he stopped, and it went silent in the Dropship.

Bellamy looked to Clarke, who was still working at Lincoln's wound. She was now tying a piece of cloth around it. "Your Mom would be proud."

"My Mom would know how to save him." Clarke said, almost repeating the words she spoke when she was trying to save Jasper. That felt like it was an eternity ago.

"Last time, you said you couldn't, but you did." I told the blond.

My comment went ignored by Clarke as she got up and went over to the medkit. Bellamy stood up, and I followed suit. All of our heads snapped to the hatch that was opening. Octavia came out first, but she was followed by someone — a Grounder.

Almost immediately, Bellamy grabbed his gun, pushed me behind him, and pointed the gun at the Grounder. My eyes were wide as I moved my eyes from the Grounder to Octavia. This Grounder had long hair that was partly braided and a long, thick beard. He had half-circle-like tattoos around his right eye. This Grounder was also bigger in size compared to any of us... well, maybe except Lincoln.

The younger Blake stood in front of the Grounder before rushing out in one breathe, "Bellamy don't. He's Lincoln's friend and their healer."

My head snapped to the right because Lincoln had started seizing. He was shaking violently, and white foam came out of his mouth.

"He's seizing again." Clarke announced, rushing to the man.

My head turned back to Bellamy, who looked at the Grounder and nodded towards Lincoln. The Grounder moved past Octavia and started making his way toward Lincoln. I tried to move past Bellamy to go next to Octavia, who kneeled next to Lincoln when Bellamy put an arm out to stop me. My face scrunched in confusion. "Bellamy, let me go."

Bellamy turned his head back to me. "Please, just stay back."

I didn't argue further and stayed behind him. When my eyes landed back on Lincoln, the Grounder was kneeling next to Lincoln's head. He had a vial in his hand, similar to the vials Lincoln had in his sack. The Grounder said something in a language I couldn't understand, but I found it fascinating. He put the vial over Lincoln, and there was one single drop. When it was just about to hit Lincoln's mouth, Clarke stuck her hand out to catch it. "Wait!"