006. ꕥ A Peaceful Life

"Hey, hold up

"Hey, hold up. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart." It was only about five minutes later when Bellamy spoke as he was flailing the gun around like it was some toy.

Wells must've had the same thought I did because he went in front of Bellamy. "Put the gun away, Bellamy."

John pushed Wells away from Bellamy and challenged him. "Well, why don't you do something about it, huh?"

"Jasper was moaning and screaming when they moved him." I informed the guys, getting between John and Wells.

"Right. If the spear had struck his heart he'd have died instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." Clarke added.

Bellamy grabbed Clarke's wrist. "As soon as you take this off, we can go."

Clarke ripped her hand away from Bellamy's grasp. "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead, got it?"

With a smirk on his face, Bellamy didn't back down. "Brave, princess."

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice. "Why don't you find your own nickname. You call this a rescue party? We need to split up, cover more ground. Clarke, Jo, come with me."

"Actually," John announced. "she's coming with me."

I looked over to Finn, who had a troubled expression on his face. "It's okay. Someone's got to make sure these three don't kill each other."

With that, we split up. This was going to be a long, long walk.

❣︎

Walking around in the woods with my brother brought me a sense of peace I never knew I needed. We walked along at the bottom of a small ridge with Finn and Clarke on the higher ground just ahead of us.

While Bellamy and Wells were busy talking behind us, I took this time just to be with my brother. "You know it's so pretty out here and peaceful." I said, looking around in amazement at the green forest. "Mom and Dad would've loved it here."

John lifted his head to meet my eyes, and I could see the sadness in his. "Yeah, they would've."

"We would find a beach." I began imagining my perfect life. "You wouldn't like it, though, because you'd think the sand's annoying. We would all have our cute little huts. With kids running around." I laughed at the thought of my brother having kids. I hope he'd be able to get there one day. "You and Dad would spend every minute of every day making sure both Mom and I were safe because that's who you both are. We would have peace, have a good life, us just being together."