011. ꕥ Brother

My heart dropped instantly

My heart dropped instantly. There was no way my brother killed Wells. I didn't believe it. I stood there frozen, not exactly sure what to do.

I did not believe for one second that my brother brutally killed Wells Jaha. Not the brother I knew. Not the brother that was always so kind to me. Not the brother that would do anything to protect me. Not the brother who would risk his life for mine.

John Murphy didn't kill Wells; I firmly believe that.

"The people have a right to know." I faintly heard Clarke say. But what caught my attention was her storming out of the tent.

"No. No, way." I followed right after Clarke with Bellamy, Octavia, and Jasper hot on my tail.

I saw my brother facing one kid when Clarke came up to him and pushed him back. "You son of a bitch!"

"What's your problem?" John questioned.

"Recognize this?" Clarke asked as she held up the knife.

John was now looking at the object in Clarke's hand. "It's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He went for the knife before Clarke pulled it back.

"Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Clarke announced.

"Clarke, stop!" I begged her from behind, but it fell on deaf ears as she kept going at John.

"Where I what?" John looked at Clarke with a confused expression on his face. That told me that he didn't do it. I could tell when he was lying, and at that moment, he wasn't. John had no idea what happened to Wells, and I could tell. However, Clarke didn't seem to notice what I did.

"Clarke, look at his face. He doesn't know what happened." I pleaded with her, talking to the side of her face as she kept her stern gaze on John. Man, if looks could kill.

They both seemed to ignore me as they kept going. "The Grounders killed Wells, not me." John announced to the crowd that was forming.

"I know what you did." Clarke threatened. "And you're gonna pay for it."

"Really?" John taunted. "Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" He now looked over to the guy who had just been standing there watching this go down and doing nothing.

Bellamy didn't say anything, just shifted on his feet. I looked to him with pleading eyes, non-verbally asking him to do something. He just shook his head. I scoffed at the fact that he was not going to try and do something to stop Clarke.

Clarke and John go right back at it, and I hear her say, "You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells."

"Plenty of people hated Wells." John reasoned. "His father was the Chancellor that locked us all up."

"Yeah, but your the only one who got into a knife fight with him!" Clarke countered.

"Yeah, I didn't kill him then either."