(69) I Missed You... - Intruality

Start from the beginning

"Oh I miss the days only you called me Daddy."

*****

"Thanks Dad." Azaan said as he leant in the car for his phone, holding it in one hand and his algebra and American history textbooks in the other. Luckily he was allowed out of classes for a moment to get it. When he disappeared into the school again Remus held Patton's hand with a mischievous smirk.

"What's on your mind honey-bun?" Patton cooed, the coo making Remus feel weak at the knees.

"You..." He mumbled back, kissing Patton's cheek and not letting his eyes leave him. "When can we go back home and cuddle?"

Patton smiled wide, leaning in for a kiss just like he did in the kitchen, but then his phone rang. "It's Ami's kindergarten..." He mumbled, quickly picking up the phone and speaking through it. "Hello! Oh... Oh poor sweetie, of course. We'll bring one straight away!" When Patton hung up the phone he moved his hand from Remus' grasp - a small smile on his face. Remus' dad mode immediately kicked in once he realised he should be worried. "Someone covered Amira in mud during play time and she's upset - let's get her the blue flowery dress she likes."

*****

While it was difficult for Remus to not grab Patton and take him to a softer place he stood back and watched his husband run around the house to pick a completely new outfit for their daughter. Patton was smiling and giggling, marvelling over how cute their daughter would look in her favourite dress. Again, Remus and Patton got in the car again and drove to the kindergarten where Amira and her teacher were waiting outside.

"Hey Mira." Remus got out the car first, giving his daughter a hug as he didn't mind getting covered in mud. Even though Patton loved to play with his kids whatever the weather he hated getting muddy and wet - Remus was the absolute opposite and wouldn't consider the playing done if they were clean. "I'll make sure whoever gets you muddy won't ever again, OK?" 

Remus was happy to threaten physical violence on a five year old; Patton was not. "Because you'll be super pretty!" Patton interrupted before Remus actually got to the point of facing a kindergartener. Amira's eyes glowed as she spotted the pretty dress and she snatched it out of her father's hands, squeaking a 'thank you' but then running away and back to classes. The teacher also thanked the parents for coming quickly and followed Amira inside.

After a second of silence Remus went behind his husband and wrapped his arms around Patton's waist, making him yelp as the mud touched his cat cardigan. "Cheeky!" He squeaked, a smile still on his face though. And now Patton's face was in front of him the more chaotic husband had to grab his face and kiss it.

But Patton's phone rang again. This time Remus could hear who called - a screaming Avery. "I WANNA GO HOME!" She screeched - even causing Patton to drag his phone away from his ear and scrunch his nose. Patton tried reassuring her quietly but her screams were too loud for her to hear. "KAYLA BROKE UP WITH ME AND DECIDED JAKE OF ALL PEOPLE IS BETTER THAN ME AND I WANNA GO HOME!"

Remus grabbed the phone and spoke clearly, slightly louder than his husband as he had lots of practice speaking over two teenagers and a kindergartener. "Punch her."

Avery silenced and sniffled - probably confused at her Remus' bluntness as if that's not how he always spoke. "Really?"

"Yep, do it."

"OK..." Avery hang up straight away. Patton was glaring at his husband this time - he did not want to be called into the middle school for the third time that week. But Remus smirked triumphantly and passed the bubblegum blue phone with a puppy themed case back.

"She won't sweetheart. I know she loves Kayla too much for that." Remus' arms went around Patton's waist for a forehead kiss, and he sighed and snuggled in. Finally... Remus could hold his husband without his phone ringing.

*****

"Dad! We're home!" Azaan shouted throughout the house while Remus and Patton were snuggling in bed. Patton mumbled and turned his head to the pillow while Remus chuckled.

He kissed Patton's neck and sat up, tugging his shirt down a little as he got out of bed. "Up you get babe. Time to be Daddy to actual children now." Patton's giggle broke the peck of a kiss - his eyes were glowing watching the person he decided to marry so long ago. And he would do it all again. A million times.

Amira burst open the door and climbed on the bed. "I made papier-mâché! Is Papa sick?" She pouted and turned to her other father - as soon as both fathers shook their heads she began to chatter about how she made the best art in the entire kindergarten and she wanted to be a professional papier-mâché-er when she grew up.

Remus knew he had to go downstairs and check on his other two kids but he didn't want to leave his husband. Ever. So before he left he turned Patton's head slightly and gave him a soft kiss, whispering in a way that he knew made his husband crazy in love.

"I missed you..."