Chapter 87

Adriana's POV

It's been two whole months since my date with Tyler. I've seen him twice more since our movie date. Dad can't stand him but it's okay as long as I get to see him.

The bullying has gotten worse at school. I wanna tell dad but I'm honestly embarrassed. How can someone like me get bullied. I also heard the adults talking about me taking over. What if they find out and change their minds?

Thank God it's winter so I can layer my clothes. I have bruises all over my body but my face.

"JJ, wanna go get ice cream" great gramps Vlad asks

"Sure"

I put my shoes on and grab my coat

"Why would you want ice cream when it's like 5 degrees out"

"Because it doesn't melt silly"

"You're weird" I giggled

"JJ, I wanted to talk to you in private before I involve Aleksandr"

"What's up"

"What's going on at school" I tense at his question

"What do you mean" I feign innocent

"You never wanna go, you pretend to be sick, you come home in a bad mood all the time. Is something going on at school"

"No there's nothing" I shook my head

"Your eyes are watering. Just tell me and I'll make them pay. Or you can tell Al. The only reason he hasn't noticed is because of how much he's been working"

I shook my head as tears fell

"You'll be disappointed in me"

He pulled me onto his lap and hugged me

"I could never be disappointed in you JJ"

"I've been getting bullied"

"By who" he growled

"By everyone. Ryan told everyone about Xiomara being a prostitute. Then the high school boys I beat up on the first day started bullying me too. The hit me, dunk my head in the toilet, shove me in lockers, and throw me away"

"You should've told one of us. How long has this been happening for"

"Since that time I left early"

"I'll make all of them pay"

"Thanks you"

"Of course JJ. Now let's go inside"

We got a booth and after we ordered our ice cream. I got a cookie dough sundae with M&M's and whip cream

"JJ do you want a relationship with your father"

"Maybe one day but I'd rather be here with you and Russia"

"Has Al told you about him"

"No, I didn't care to know but I am curious. Do you know what he does"

"He's kinda an enemy" he laughed

"Of course he's Italian after all. Is that why dad won't wage war? To spare my father"

"He doesn't wanna strip you of that right"

"He's involved in the Italian mafia and he couldn't find me? He clearly didn't care. I don't think we'd have a good relationship"

"Say you were ever to form a bond with them. What would you do if he mistreated you"

"Leave and tell dad" I shrugged