45.

Yusuf's Present.

Closing the door behind him,he walked back to his room with a smile on his face.Mama is really doing great,she is still scared but she is over  coming her extreme fear over his father.

She have always been a strong woman,she is just using her strength to her own advantage now.

He opened his phone and checked his messages,he doesn't have a lot of friends.He had a lot of friends back then,but they all lost touch after they finished school,all of them were busy with their lives.Most of them tried to keep in touch with him but Yusuf couldn't bring himself to,his life had been way too disorganized at that time and being alone is the only thing that gives him solace.

He let out a sigh thinking of how life could change entirely,how everyone just becomes a mere memory overtime.He entered his gallery and started seeing pictures.A picture of him and his friends.Secondary school and university pictures all together,he miss those days and if he will be given a chance,he would love to re-live them.All those fun days they spent,care free with little or no worry of the world is really something he needs in his life.

A picture caught his eyes and he smiled at the memory,he was really happy that day.Purely and undeniably happy.

Iman salamed and entered the room while he answered with a smile etched on his face,Iman and him have a very strong relationship,mainly due to their problems.The good thing is,even problems do something good to you,to him it made his relationship with Iman very strong.They are always there for each other,in happiness and in sadness.

"Wow,such a cute family!" He heard Iman exclaim and he focused his attention on her,his eyebrows furrowed and then shot up in alarm as he snatched the phone away from her.Iman stared at him in utter confusion while he averts his eyes "Ya Yusuf? Wait!" She briskly snatched the phone away from him "It is you!?"

He nodded his head "We took group pictures with the members of my class that day.Yusrah came with her son Yazeed so we snapped a picture with him too." He didn't know if his explanation made sense but he feels like a child caught stealing chocolate and Iman is the mother,looking at him warningly and questioningly.

"Damsel in distress!" She exclaimed as she zoomed the picture and Yusuf nodded his head "She is Yusrah?" She questioned just to confirm and he nodded his head "And this is her son?" Yusuf rolled his eyes and nod his head.Iman looked like a student whose life depended on those questions being answered to her "Wow!"

"So this is Yusrah? Your Yusrah? I mean your favorite student?"

"Ya ilahi Iman,YES!" He stated and Iman smiled widely "She is married?" Iman asked with eyes bulged out,she have been literally shipping her brother with the lady he talked about so fondly some days back "No,she is not." That made a breath of relief gush through her.

"She is very beautiful and the son is so cute." She cooed "Are you sure you are not Yazeed's father?" She laughed and Yusuf smacked her "He looks exactly like the younger version of you." She stated still looking at the picture "Many people say we look alike," He shrugged.

"The picture looks so perfect,like a loving family." She stated "You look so happy in this picture Ya Yusuf!" She exclaimed "Like,just take a look at your wide smile." She cooed "I am gonna frame this picture and keep it in my room." She stated and Yusuf shook his head as he pinched her "Ouch!"

"You nearly went out of your sense,pinching you was to reset you." He explained stifling his laughter as she eyed him.

"Seriously Ya Yusuf,their is a spark!" She said smiling "It is either you are acting oblivious of it or you are trying to make it fade away."

How can Iman be just so clever? It is not good for his health.

"I don't understand what you are talking about," He laughed nervously "Stop joking around," He smacked her a little "How is work?"

"I am not actually the kind of person that let a topic slip easily,I am not that careless.You know it,Ya Yusuf.Your nervousness proved me right,care to explain?" She raised her eyebrow at him and he let out a defeated sigh eyeing her as she let out a chuckle and did a heart shape with her hand which he smacked away.

"It is not love,definitely." He stated.

"I never said it is." She smiled.

Yusuf got lost in thoughts and a smile slowly graced his lips "It is just a mere attraction,Iman."

"The both of us are lonely and as you know "A lonely heart always longs for companionship." So,I found a companion in Yusrah.She is also messed up,just like me.I started finding companionship in being together with her.I started thinking about her whenever I am sad, I started remembering her smile whenever I am confused.I started eagerly waiting for the night to pass so that I can get a glimpse of her, I started cracking up jokes in class just to see her laugh.I find peace in her.I long to hear her angelic voice which calms me down.I like her.I like Yusrah.She is an amazing person,she have always comforted me,with her eyes.She will always gaze at me softly and smile and I know that it is a silent "It will be okay" from her.The both of us are broken, I don't like it when she is sad or when someone does something bad to her because I know how it feels,to be ripped again after already being ripped.I just see a reflection of myself in everything she does."

He finished looking confused and weak.Yusuf is strong but when it comes to matters of the heart,he is weak.Iman nodded her head at him as she smiled "I understand,you two are just a replica of each other.Lonely people find togetherness among themselves,that is what you two did.

He nodded his head thankfully that she understood his point.Iman stared at her brother as she smiled.

Okay let's say it is not love as he says,but it is definitely one step away from love.

Soo....

What do you think guys?

Is Yusuf sure that it is not love or he is just not accepting it?

Let's talk in the comment section.Don't forget to vote,thank you so much for the love and support you guys are showering Yusuf and Yusrah.