17.

Yusrah's Past.

Completely drenched.

Yusrah walked inside the house trembling due to cold "Why are you drenched?" Her mother asked and she smiled "Am not that drenched and in fact it is not cold," She lied so that her mother won't get worried.

"Ya Yusrah gave us the umbrella," Zarah said as she kept the umbrella on the table "We went out with only two umbrellas,so Ya Yusrah gave me and Zarah one for me and Farida to share and then gave the other one to Kamal and Usman," Zarah explained and their mother smiled proudly.

"Am proud of you for putting your siblings before yourself," She patted her head and Yusrah have her a cheeky smile as she ran to their room to change her clothes,after changing she got into the blanket curling her whole self into it before she started feeling warm.

Zarah came into the room smiling at her "That novel I read on your wattpad is so good," Yusrah eyed her "I though I asked you not to ever touch my phone without permission," She bossily poked her head out of the blanket "You were sleeping so......"

"But am sorry nevertheless." She finished as she bought out her clothes to change from her uniform.

They stayed quit for a while before Zarah jumped on the bed also "But Ya Yusrah,do you think that kind of love really exists in real life?"

Yusrah smiled "Maybe it does,it seems nearly impossible to me tbh." She voiced out "I think it does,just take a look at mama and baba for example,even after years they are still in love with each other,have you ever noticed the way mama's voice becomes soft when she is talking to Baba?"

Yusrah laughed at the mere thought of it "I do."

"They fight but still love each other,every relationship have its ups and downs,fights and misunderstandings are bound to happen," Zarah voiced "Yes Zarah."

"I want to fall in love too Ya Yusrah," Zarah smiled "Your time will come,love have its time,some take long and some don't," Yusrah smiled and Zarah sigh as she lied down quietly.

Yusrah smiled as she thought about love,is is true that their are sparks? Is it true that your heart will be beating irrationally after seeing that person? Will she ever find true love?

Letting out a sigh she blocked that thought away from her mind wanting to think of something more productive,their is more to life than falling in love,she have dreams which she wants to fulfill.Yes one needs love but it is not all you need.

Her phone which was under the pillow started vibrating and Farida's name flashed.

"Hello Farida," She voiced happily and the both of them exchanged pleasantries.

"Have you heard that the result is out?" Anxiousness started gripping and her breath caught up for a while before she blowed it out.

"I didn't know," She voiced out in a low tone "Insha Allah we will all pass,I didn't check mine too,"

"All you have to do is log into www.kasu entrance exam result 2015 then use the number given to you before our entrance exam."

"Okay thank you," Yusrah said hanging up the call.

Her heart thumped loudly as she kept the phone by her side.

She wrote all that she knew into her exam paper,she read as much as she could and she have prayed a-lot also so even if she fail she knows that it is Allah's will not lack of hard-work.

She walked out of the room with only one prayer "Ya Allah please help me pass,I don't want to disappoint my father."

This man is her everything,he have done everything he can do for her,all she could pay him with is prayer and good results which will make him proud and happy.

"Mama our result is out," She explained the procedures to her mother "Your father will be home any second from now,he will come back and them we will check it together.Am sure you have passed so calm down." She nod her head as she sat down on the chair dreading each and every tick of the clock.

She wish the clock will just hook and stay where it is,she needs to get herself more ready before they check this result.

"Assalamu'alaikum." Her father's authoritative voice boomed and her heart beat increased "Wa'alaikumussalam," She and her mother answered.

He sat down smiling at both of them "Um Baba,out entrance exam is o-out," His face cheered up "Did you pass?" He asked composing himself more.

"I-I didn't check yet,"

"What are you waiting for?"

She turned on her data as she clicked on google and searched for the website then typed down her number,she handed the phone to her father as it load.

She closed her eyes tightly due to nervousness.

She opened her eyes and found her parents frowning,her heart broke as tears rolled down her eyes.

"I failed." She stated and it broke her heart when no one denied her.

She disappointed her parents,she passed her entrance exam.What about her dreams? All into the gutter.

"Am so sorry Baba Mama," She cried as she held her heart feeling extremely pained.

She is such a disappointment.

"Actually you failed nothing," Her father smiled and she collected the phone from him and it was boldly written.

Congratulations you have been given admission to study English in Kaduna State University.

Relishing the moment,the proud smiles of her parents and her happy tears she mouthed "Alhamdulillah."

Her dream is going to come true,she jumped happily screaming a little as tears fell down from her eyes.Tears of happiness.

Do you want to know what the best feeling is?

This right here!

Those tears of happiness,this smile,the feeling of contentment and the proud smiles of your parents that love you unconditionally.

To Yusrah that is it.