20.

Yusuf's past.

Warisha:Hey I saw you looking all handsome in dark brown.🤝

He laughed at that as he lounged into the class smiling like a fool.

Yeah,when do I not look handsome?

Warisha:*Sigh* You do every freaking single day!

His friend nudged him and gestured him to listen "At this rate,I personally think you are going crazily in love," Fahad said looking at the lecturer and Yusuf shrugged his shoulders "I won't deny you," He laughed and Fahad kept quite.

Isn't love just so amazing?

It makes you happy and bubbly all the time,it wipes away almost all of your sorrows.They are not yet officially couples with Warisha but he knows that they love each other unconditionally.

After the lecture he went straight to his car and Warisha was standing in-front of the car broadly smiling at him "Let's go for ice cream," She smiled at him and he nod his head.He is jealous of Warisha,she gets excited over every small thing and he doesn't understand why he doesn't.

They reached the ice cream parlor and placed their orders "I still think Barbie is more beautiful than Cinderella." Warisha argued as she gulped a spoon of her ice cream,Warisha kind of forced Yusuf to watch the animation films she have on her phone with her "I have already forgotten how they look but I like Cinderella more,they had a happily ever after,"

"Even Barbie had a happily ever after too,"

"I like Cinderella more,"

"And I like Barbie more,"

Warisha put her spoon inside his ice cream and took it "Wow your ice cream is sweeter than mine," She whined as she took another spoonful "Stop taking my ice cream,take yours." Yusuf steadied himself and Warisha cutely laughed "I will go and order another one," He stood up and got another one.

"Let me taste those flavors," She dug in and he watched her rolling his eyes "Mhmm nice," She clapped her hands.

She is being all cute.

"Okay take the two and give me yours," He advised.

"Am not taking it because it is sweeter but because it is yours," Warisha smiled at him and Yusuf felt his heart beat stopping,everything around him became numb,it was just him and this lady.

"You are making me happy," He stated,he wanted to say more but to him this contains everything that he wanted to say to her.

"Thank you for also giving me what I want," He smiled and she nod her head digging into his bowl of ice cream.

"How do you actually do it?" Warisha questioned and he raised his eyebrow.

"You look so handsome effortlessly,you make my heart go wild,you make me see many more reason why I should like you," She sigh "You are just so imperfectly perfect,everything about you is so calming and peaceful,so pure and serene,"

Yusuf's face curled up into a smile "Let's make it official," He stated smiling and Warisha's eyes went wide "You also feel the same for me?"

He nodded his head in approval and she let out a very long laugh "It is official,"

"I love you," She mused looking at him and he chuckled sweetly "I love you too,you make me so happy,"

"You too," She jumped as she followed him outside.

He dropped her at home and went back home,he is so happy today,like he and Warisha are now a thing not just friends or anything.

Yusuf decided to take his mother and sister out today,they need to feel the warmth of each other,they need to show each other love,he is very sure that even if everyone will leave you,your family won't,they will stick by your side no matter how many times you have messed it up.

Especially a mother,her love is too serene and pure,her love is so heart touching,she will do everything for you without an ounce of complain,she will care about you just like she will care about herself.May Allah bless our mothers.

Yusuf knocked on his mother's door then proceeded to open the door after a second "Mama I was thinking we go out and have some fu~,"

He stopped midway looking at his mother who was on the floor crying "W-what happened?" He asked as she went straight to her.

"Yusuf,I know this will break your heart," She sobbed out "But I-I need to tell you,I don't want you to hear it from someone," She cried painfully "Mama what is it?" He was growing impatient by every damn tick of the clock.

"Your father is a womanizer."

His world.

It stopped right at that moment.

That was the moment.

The exact moment.

Where his world came crumbling right in-front of his eyes.

"H-how did y-you find o-ut," The words were refusing to come out of his lips,his heart thumped rapidly and his breath was becoming rash,it was too much for him to handle.

"You knew about it too?"

Too?

"Who else knew apart from me?" He asked.

Ya Allah please it shouldn't be Iman.

"Iman!"

He shuddered at his mother's cold tone.

She broke down into series of tears "You knew it and you didn't tell me,"

"Mama those tears of your and the pain you are feeling are what I didn't want for you,"

"I was also forced into our marriage,I wanted to finish my education before getting married but my father forced me into marrying him.After our marriage I tried so hard to make him love me but it just seemed like I was making him hate me more, I took everything,the beating,the disgrace,the non appreciation.All I wanted him to do was love you guys not break you to this extent!"

"I understand why you two are always lost in thoughts,always moody and sad,you have taken too much toxicity and negativity inside this house.Am so sorry for thinking you all don't need anything," She cried.

"Mama he will come around," Yusuf patted her shoulder.

"It breaks my heart alot Yusuf,it makes me want to go crazy, I cannot believe that he have been cheating on me with your mates,my children's mates! This is so discouraging,"

"Can't I be enough for him? Can't he just see my unwavering love for him? Can't he just look into my eyes and see how I have made him my world?"

She shivered as tears roll down "I loved him so much that it hurts,even though he doesn't deserve it,I still did but he never loved me back," She shook her head.

Yusuf hated seeing his mother like this,his mother who have always gave him a tight lipped fake smile despite being so sad,his mother whom always encourage him to go for what he wants.He can't watch her lose hope,she can cry all she want,he doesn't want her to let it in but he have to make sure that,this is the last time she will be crying because of his excuse of a father.

Letting out a sob she smiled letting her tears fall,everything have just being thrown on her face all at once and she doesn't know weather she should laugh it off,act strong or continue breaking down infront of her already broken son.

"You know what? Am totally fine, I am stronger than this and am accepting my fate just the way it is.Allah never put a burden for us which we can't carry,so I accept all those things the way they are,"

"After all not all of us are meant to be loved back by people we love the most,the people we saw our world right through their eyes."