13.

Yusrah's past.

Clutching onto her bag,she walked inside the hall with her father beside her "Calm down Yusrah," Her father mumbled seeing the way she was visibly shaking with fear.

"Okay baba," She mouthed as she eyed the hall wearily,today is their entrance examination and she is so nervous about it,she didn't get enough sleep for the whole night because she feels like she didn't read enough.She doesn't want to disappointment her father by failing this entrance examination.

They finally found a seat and people were just looking at them somehow "Okay,I will wait for you outside to finish," He mouthed and she got confused "Baba,it will take like 3 hours," She was unsure about what he said,she have definitely heard him wrong.

"I can wait,I cannot leave you alone here," He showed the hall and walked out while she sigh and sat down,seriously her father is being way too over protective towards her.

"Uhh hi," A girl by her side voiced out and Yusrah jumped in fear not expecting a voice from her side all of a sudden "Sorry I uhh scared you," The girl said fiddling with her pen "Oh it is okay," Yusrah beamed as she turn to face the girl fully.

"I am Yusrah,you?" She asked as she give the girl her hand which she collected smiling shyly "I
am Farida," She smiled and Yusrah nod her head "So you are also here for the exam?" Farida asked.

"Isn't that obvious?" Yusrah chuckled and Farida laughed "Okay I was being stupid," She raised her hand in surrender and Yusrah shook her head "You are just being the Nigerian you are," Yusrah knows that Baba will definitely like Farida because she is calm and reserved.

"Oh wow!" They heard from the other side and their attention turned to the entrance door,three girls came inside as they walked majestically to their seat,they were chewing gum and blowing it as they sat down on their seat.

"They are so beautiful," Yusrah thought admiring them,they all were dressed in beautiful fancy black abaya,with a black veil,all of them were fair in complexion and one of them wore nerd glass which made her even more cuter,they all had the beautiful kind of bags that Yusrah always told mama to buy for her when they go to the market.

"I hate those girls," Farida mouthed with venom dripping from her voice and Yusrah faced her "Are you serious? They are so cute," Yusrah cooed looking at Farida disbelievingly.

"We attended the same secondary school,I don't need to go into details but they are bad news," Yusrah was more confused now "Why?"

"They have ruined many girls life,their mothers are best friends so they became best friends also." Awwn so cute.

"Their fathers are extremely rich," From the looks of it.

"Just avoid them," Farida mouthed rolling her eyes as she dropped her pen "What is their name?" Yusrah asked still interested in them and Farida scoffed.

"The one with the nerd class is Quraish,the most beautiful of them all and the calmest one,she have an extreme sweet voice but she is a green snake under the green grass,she is a silent killer.She looks so innocent but she is the one who plan and the two execute." She sigh and Yusrah looked at her closely "The other one who is chewing gum right now is Latifa,she is the most annoying among all of them,she bullies people and make fun of them but she also have a good taste of fashion,she is the one who choose their clothes of the week." Wow is this some sort of a film?

Nah!

"The one with the long nose and small cute pink lips is Yasmin,she is so intelligent and also very mischievous,she is the kind of girl who steals the teachers lesson note," She laughed "But she is bad news too." Farida finished as she checked the time with her phone.

"They are adorable but bad at heart," Yusrah stated pursing her lips as she drum her legs on the floor "Yes," Farida's curt answer came.

"Good morning all," A voice boomed from the stage and a man who was wearing a suit smiled at the thousand of people seating "Am your invigilator for today, I just want to tell you the rules and regulations of this exam.All of you have a number which was sent to you through email and you will write it on your paper,examination malpractice is highly unacceptable here,if I find you peeking,looking into someone's paper,checking answers on phone or talking to someone then I will quietly dismiss you out of this hall and that is over for you." Series of gasps pass through and the man chuckled "After the exam starts then you cannot stand up to leave as long as you are not submitting your paper." He timidly stated.

"From number 1-200 are in this hall and the rest should go out," he dismissed,Yusrah carried her paper and her number is 199,letting out a breath she turned to look at Farida who was standing up "Am 201," She pouted.

"Give me your number, I will call you when am out," Yusrah handed her the phone and Farida briskly typed her number and gave the phone back to Yusrah as she walked out.Farida looks like someone from an elite family too,she was wearing an ankara gown which was beautifully styled,she had the best flats Yusrah have ever set her eyes on her feets,she have slung her army green bag on her shoulders carelessly as she walked out fixing her cream veil.Letting out a sigh Yusrah looked around the hall which was now scarce.

"It is five people per seat,since the seats are long,from number 1-5,6-10 and the list goes on." The man mouthed.He asked all of them to go out till he calls their range of mumbers.

He kept calling the numbers arranging them until he reached 196-200 and Yusrah stood up from the outside chair she was sitting on with her trembling feet's as she walked to the sit he pointed at,she walked their with her eyes cast on the ground as she sat down.

"Hello,where did you buy this material from?" Yusrah whipped her head to the place where the question was coming from and it was confirmed that the question was directed to her,the whole three girls that they talked about earlier were her seat mates with one other guy,the person who asked the question is Latifa if she can clearly remember Farida's description,she have a great love for fashion "Uhh my aunt bought it for me when she went to Saudi," Yusrah mumbled feeling intimidated by the staring eyes.

"It is so beautiful,very simple yet elegant and what I love the most is the color,it is a very rare color,onion purple," She fondled the material and Yusrah got happy all of a sudden,she can clearly remember how she threw a fuss saying that she wanted the baby pink material not this one.

"And your tailor is so creative,she made a zigzag below which makes it soo elegant," Latifa drawled still awwed "I like you." She voiced.

"I love people that can dress,she gave some sort of a princess hijabi look girls," Latifa screamed a little and Yusrah shyly chuckled feeling on top of the world "My aunt sells materials,I can hook you up with her if you want,"

"Ofcourse I do!" Latifa exclaimed.

"She is so beautiful,her eyebrow is so peng," The Yasmin girl said "Hey,did you carve your eyebrow?" She asked and Yusrah shook her head "No,it is natural," Yusrah explained with a smile on her face,like she is getting hyped and it is boosting her confidence so...

"Let the discussion slide and start your entrance examination,you are not here to chitchat," The invigilator rudely interrupted as he handed them answer sheet and all the three rolled their eyes eyeing him while Yusrah cast her eyes down.

They are poles apart,completely opposite.

But then,

Opposite attracts.