18.

Yusuf's Past.

Yusuf stood in front of the house contemplating weather to enter or not,he is nervous and scared of what the outcome might be.He finally decided to just leave everything to God and just enter.

He called a boy who was passing and smiled at him "Please go inside and tell the lady of this house that someone wants to meet her," He voiced out his heart shuddering but he willed himself to do this.

"You have to give me money," Yusuf nodded his head and bought a 1 thousand note handing it to him "Go," The boy happily ran inside the house and moments later Yusuf was summoned inside.

"As Salamu'alaikum," He said the woman wearily eyed him "Who are you?" Yusuf winced because of the tone she used,this woman is actually so scary.

"I am Warisha's friend," He stated "The one with the expensive car," She chirped and he nodded his head confused.

"Sit down," She smiled a little and he sat down on the tattered mat which she pointed at "Warisha have gone to Tahfiz,she will be here in like 30 minutes." She explained and he shook his head "Am actually here to meet you." He sigh.

"Why?"

"Um actually Warisha told me that she doesn't have a phone so I bough it for her the other day,but she didn't accept it because you won't be happy with the fact that she is accepting things from people," He let out a sigh "She didn't want to make you feel like you are not doing enough."

"She told me that she wanted the phone but it is not worth making you sad," She smiled nodding her head,even the toughest person in the world gets swept off by emotions too.

"Warisha is the daughter that I was given as a blessing into my life.She is very calm and reserved,she gets rid of anything that makes me sad,no matter how much she loves that thing." Yusuf smiled nodding his head.

"Thank you for your concern."

"We are poor so we have budget,we have to cancel many things for us to adjust,Warisha have gave up nearly everything for her sister." Yusuf smiled as he admired Warisha more.

"I bought the phone here to ask your permission.Do you agree that Warisha should accept this phone from me?" She nodded her head smiling.

"I have bought food products too,am not sympathizing with you,am just giving it to you as an act of sadaqa," She shook her head "You have done more than enough,no need to do more."

"I really want to do this so please accept it," He had to keep begging her before she accepted it.

Yusuf learned something today,life is too short to be beating around the bush,do the right things and leave the wrong ones before time slides by you.

He called some boys to bring the food products he bought inside the house and also handed the phone to Warisha's mother.

"That annoying malam!" He heard an angry voice which is Warisha's.

Their she stood with her purple uniform as she fumed,rolling her eyes angrily as she talks clasping her teeth.She is the most beautiful creation he have ever came across in his whole life.So beautiful,so calm,so loving.She is making his heart do crazy things.

"Yusuf?" She asked confused and he smiled at her "He came to bring this," Her mother said raising the phone case and Warisha shrieked shouting happily.

"Oh my goodness,it is my phone!" She collected the phone fondling it happily as she caress it with her hands.

"I will get going," He stood up "Go and escort him,thank you so much Yusuf," Her mother thanked him and they both stepped outside.

Warisha smiled at him as tears rolled down from her eyes "It was just a phone,why are you crying?" He laughed at her silliness.

"It is not just a phone. It is my long time dream coming true,this is what I have wanted all this while,this phone is what I dreamt of having one day and you gave it to me."

"You fulfilled this dream of mine and I cannot thank you enough,"

"Yusuf,you came into my life like an Angel,you never fail to amaze me and make me happy.Thank you for that, I will make it up to you insha Allah." She smiled.

Yusuf laughed happily,she also gave him the most important he wanted all his life "Appreciation"

She also gave him something he have always wanted,she made him happy,she made him laugh,she called him something apart from a mistake.She stuck with him not because of his money.

"Warisha you are already making it up to me," He shrugged and she chuckled melodiously.

"Yusuf,I will never forget what you did to me,this goodness of yours to me and my family will forever be engraved in a safe place in our hearts.It will never ever be forgotten.Thank you so much for gifting me this phone Yusuf,it will always be close to my heart,my first phone ever and that too it was a gift from you." She laughed wiping her tears.

"As I said the other day,you never know how your smallest act will matter to someone so keep spreading positivity,a little smile from you can make someone's day." Yusuf nodded his head agreeing with her.

"I will always be here for you,be rest assured of my  support to you," He nodded his head smiling at her.

She opened her phone and kept kissing it making Yusuf laugh "I love you," She mouthed to the phone hugging it making Yusuf smile.

You never really know how much your act will mean to someone.

"My father died when I was 10 and my mother had to shoulder all of our responsibilities,relatives do help but they cannot help every time can they? I had big dreams but I had to bring myself lower because of financial crisis.That is why I want to be so rich or marry a rich person so that my children won't suffer the way I did.Am the only who knows how hard it was to sacrifice things you love for someone, I know how hard it is to say you are not hungry because you don't have money to buy the thing you want,am the only one who knows how hard it is to sleep with am empty stomach,am the only one who knows how hard it is to keep smiling when all I want to do is cry all my frustrations out.Life is hard Yusuf," He nodded his head.

"I will all be fine," She nodded her head.

"I grew up in a rich family,the money,everything I will ever need is given to me but I don't want all that," Tears brimmed his eyes and he smiled a little "I want love,I want my family, I need someone to talk to,I need to be seem and appreciated. I just want a happy imperfect family but all I have is a full account," He let his tears fall.

"All I want is happiness not all this money and expensive clothes.I don't like the bitterness of being inside our house,it is not a home but just a mere beautiful expensive mansion," Yusrah wiped his tears with the hem of her hijab.

"I will try to make you happy."

Yusuf laughed at that which made her pout her lips "I have never been more serious than I am right now," She mouthed with sincerity.

He have also never been more sure that he is keeping this girl like he is today.