22.

Yusuf's present.

Giving a tight lipped smile to Iman,he held her hand helping her to stand up "I know University is hard but you are over exaggerating your tiredness,come on you need to read more."

"Look Iman,I know that you are trying but your results are not encouraging,Baba will not be happy if he sees it," Yusuf patted her head and Iman sobbed a little "Am sorry Ya Yusuf, I will work harder next time," He nodded his head and left the room

Iman's semester result came out and the result was disastrous,she had five Carry overs out of 9 courses.

Entering into mama's room,he found her curled up into her blanket and he smiled as he sat down by her side "Mama,am going for work," He whispered and she nodded her head turning to look at him.

"May God bless you," She prayed and he smiled standing up and closing the door slowly trying not to make a sound which will disturb her.

He skipped the stairs happily like a little baby,he feels like a little baby right now,void of all problems,just happiness and that is all.

He smiled fondly as he remembered the class they had yesterday,it was a very interactive and funny class,he have to admit that he is enjoying this with every bit of his soul.

He hopped on the okada and went off.

He entered into the office or classroom,whatever you call it as he sat down.Kabir walked inside smiling at him as he gave him his hand for a handshake.

"How are you man?"

"Am fine," Yusuf answered.

"You look happy,any good news?" Yusuf raised his eyebrow.

"Me and Zarah are back together,all I have to do now is convince my family to let me take her back," He blushed and Yusuf laughed,a little bump fisting him "That is actually so great," Yusuf stated smiling.

"I just hope Yusrah doesn't mess it up for us again," Kabir's face turned pale at the thought of it "Kabir,it is becoming too much," Yusuf bitterly uttered.

"You cannot be blaming Yusrah for everything,your parents are also at fault," The truth is always bitter and Yusuf have learned that in a bitter way too.

"My family? What do they have to do with that? She is the one who got pregnant out of wedlock and ruined the family's image," Kabir shrugged "Yusrah ruined the image not Zarah,so why are your family making Zarah pay for it? She is not the one who got pregnant out of wedlock," Yusuf raised his eyebrow and Kabir winced on how right he was.

"I admit that Yusrah have made a-mistake,but that doesn't mean Zarah should be punished for it,another person shouldn't suffer for another person's mistake Kabir," Yusuf stated as he gulped water.

"Yusrah got pregnant out of wedlock but she have regretted,"

"One way or the other in our lives we have all made mistakes,what defines us is weather we regretted it and changed or not,you are not the only one who feels pain,she does too,"

"I know how it feels to keep quite when you have thousand of things to say, I told you that Yusrah reminds me so much of myself and everyday am being proven right.She is also broken just like I am,she is also giving a fake smile just like I do,her eyes contains sorrow and grief just like mine does.We both did something which ended us up in regret."

Yusuf smiled a little as he looked at Kabir "So face reality and stop blaming her for your family's mistake."

Kabir kept quite staring at the floor "Yusrah was the best girl I have ever known,we went to the same school and I was her senior,she was very jovial and full of life,she made this mistake making me hate her so I picked an interest on Zarah.You just made me understand that I hated someone who hated herself too and people like me are making life more difficult for her everyday." Yusuf nodded his head and Kabir sigh "I will make it up to her and her son," Yusuf nod his head.

"So it is a son?" Yusuf asked and Kabir nod his head letting the discussion slides.Students kept trooping and after everyone came he stood up and started his class.

At the near end of the class "We have learnt how to type fast today,so I will test your typing fast abilities. I will give you something to type and the first person to finish typing is the winner and that person will get a special gift from me," He smiled at the way some of them were excited,he shares the paper that had what he wanted them to type and smiled at them "You have 3 minutes," All of them let out a gasp and he smiled "It took me 2 and half minutes to type it,so I added 30 seconds to you,be grateful class."

They all started and he was checking his wristwatch all the while,Yusrah raised her hand when it was 30 seconds remaining "Any problem,Yusrah?" He asked.

"Am done," She replied excitedly "Wow," He was seriously smitten.

"You all can finish yours but Yusrah is our champion for today," He laughed as he got a t-shirt which had the name of the company and logo on it "Here is your special gift," He smiled and she collected it with both hands "Thank you sir," She smiled gratefully.

Yusuf smiled at her and tried looking into her eyes,her head was casted down "Look at me," He ordered in an attempt to look into her eyes "You did a good job," He stated easing the awkwardness.

Yusrah looked into his eyes for the very first time as she smiled at him,her eyes looked so familiar to him.They are normal eyes,nothing special about them but they looked way too familiar.

Clearing his throat Yusuf walked to the front of the class "You guys are seriously making me proud,keep it up," He clapped his hand as he went back to his seat.

After everyone left as usual Usman and Zarah were having a conversation and Yusrah was fiddling with her fingers "Yusrah," He called,he couldn't get a grasp of his tongue when it comes to her and it is actually driving him crazy,she majestically but nervously walked to him "Um sir?" She questioned.

"Sit down," He ordered and she did "Are you naturally this nervous?" He asked "Why can't you be free with me like the other students?"

"Do I intimidate you?" She shook her head no to all his question "I-I-I ju-just..."

"Let it be," Yusuf dismissed the topic.

"I am just scared of people now, I don't want to get attached to anyone because those whom you get attached to tend to betray you and it hurts alot," He knew it,she was just like him,broken like him,experienced pain like him.

She have also been betrayed by the people she trusted and she knows how it feels,this lady right here is the kind of lady he have been looking for.Someone who also knows what pain is,someone who is just broken like him but standing strong.

This lady right here is totally the girl who reminds him so much of himself.