how long will i love you?

Alarix's POV.

"Is this everything you dreamed of and more?" I asked, glancing at her.

We were sitting at the royal table in the garden. She was watching everyone drinking and mingling together.

"Very much so." She smiled, leaning her head on my shoulder.

Lila wanted to make sure Elias was ok before we went ahead with the ceremony. If she had her own way, the ceremony would have been next week, not two days later. Her parents have to return to the pack, and Elias has been demanding we go ahead with the ceremony every day, so she gave in.

Ayla had done a perfect job with the decorations for the ceremony celebration. There is a huge white gazebo filling the whole of the garden. Surrounding our long table are white-clothed round tables scattered around. Sparkling hanging lights were hanging from the inside of the gazebo and hanging off the trees and bushes.

Apparently, this isn't a usual conventional way to celebrate a coronation. Darius, who scolded me for still calling him king, said they usually have a ball. Big dresses, tuxedos... the works.

But we aren't conventional. Our bond is unique, so it's only right that we have new traditions. Plus, what my queen wants, my queen gets.

"Do you want to dance?" I questioned, hooking my finger under her chin, making her look at me.

She nodded excitedly as she rose from her seat. I stood up and led her towards the dance floor, holding her hand. I spun her around before bringing her against my chest. She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Wolves, vampires and warlocks." Elias shouted, gaining everyone's attention.

I raised my brow, peering over at him. He winked at me before clearing his throat. "King Alarix and Queen Lila are going to have their first dance as a married couple." He grinned.

"Everyone is going to stare at us," Lila yelled in a whisper.

I started swaying us back and forth as 'How Long Will I Love You?' started playing as she looked up at me with her eyes gleaming.

"Forever and always," I whispered, tightening my arms around her.

"What?" She asked, looking up at me.

"I was answering the song," I replied.

She giggled and smiled up at me before laying her head on my chest. I hummed along with the song and rested my head to the side of her crown. We continued swaying as other couples joined us on the dance floor.

"We need to leave soon." She muttered before tugging on my ear with her teeth.

I gripped her waist, sucking in a breath. "We only have one more day." She added, in between planting little kisses on my neck.

It's been two days since Lila's heat kicked in. She hasn't fallen pregnant yet, but with all the stress we've all been under, it was bound to catch up with us. Lila's mum said we both need to relax and just let it happen... It was definitely a strange conversation to have with your wife's mum.

"It will happen, baby." I sighed. "We just have to give it time... There is no rush."

She nodded and smiled weakly at me. "You're right. I know." She groaned.

"Come with me," I smirked. "I have a surprise for you."

I held my hand out, and she laid her hand in mine with a puzzled expression on her face. "I need to check something with Darius first," I mentioned, pulling her towards the table he was sitting at.