idgaf

Lila's POV

Every minute that drags by, my heart tears that little bit more. My eyes are set on either the door or the clock.

"Baby... We can wait longer." My dad suggested.

I could see the pity on each of their faces. I really thought he was going to show up, declare his undying love for me, and we fly off into the sunset.

Well, maybe not undying love, but that he wanted me, and we could deal with whatever is troubling him... Together.

I was so excited that he came back again. I felt relieved to see he was suffering just like me, that it wasn't all one-sided. He seemed so confused, he knows about the prophecy, but I don't think he knows everything. He looked curious when I mentioned the warlock. I should have told him.

He doesn't seem to understand much about our species... He seemed completely bewildered that I could jump that fence. I think he thought wolves were weak... Some might be, but wolves from my pack aren't weak at all. We're trained by the best.

I groaned and looked at the clock... If we want to make it to the plane on time, we need to leave now. I'm going to have to leave him behind.

"Lila, you are welcome to stay with us..." Alpha Mateo offered.

I breathed out and sighed. "Thank you for the offer, but I want to go home." I forced a smile on my face.

I turned to Damon, "I'm sorry we're going to miss your birthday... I hope you have an amazing time, though." I mentioned.

He shook his head and smiled. "Don't worry about, Lils." He replied.

Life could have been simpler if he was my mate... Actually, if my mate was another wolf. I wouldn't be feeling this soul-crushing pain right now.

Luna Mila came towards me and enveloped her arms around my neck. "You kick-ass all on your own... Don't let this be your downfall, beautiful." She whispered.

I shook my head and sighed. I pulled away and gave her a small smile. She went back over to Alpha Mateo.

"We'll come to you next time." Alpha Matec nodded at my dad. He bobbed his head at him before we walked out of the packhouse.

I settled in the back seat of the SUV with Elias and Levi on either side of me. They both held my hands as I watched our parents say goodbye to the Alpha and Luna.

As we drove through the pack lands, I inhaled now and again, hoping to catch his scent. I don't even know his name... That should have given me a hint that he wouldn't be coming.

The boys squeezed my hands and held them tightly as we drove through the gates. I darted my eyes around, hoping to see him. As much as I knew he wasn't coming... I still held onto that little bit of hope, even if it is futile.

As we drove further away, the little bit of hope I had left; slowly disintegrated into nothingness.

I gasped as a sob broke through; the burden of the bond crushing me. Levi pulled me against him, wrapping his arm around me. I clung to him as my body shook.

"Mum... What's happening?" Levi whimpered.

"Hold on to her... The further we get away from him, it will pass. It's the bond punishing her for the distance." She commented, then took a deep breath. I saw her reach for dad and grip his hand.

Is this how she felt when she left her pack before meeting my dad? I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy... If I had one, but he's definitely coming in close to winning the spot.