something wrong

Lila's POV.

"Here... These should fit. You're coming with Elias and me tomorrow," He beamed as he gave Alarix a bag.

"Um, thank you," Alarix countered, looking perplexed.

I gaped at Levi and grabbed his shirt, pulling him back. "What's happening tomorrow?" I quizzed.

"Well, we're going to sort Alarix out with everything he needs." Levi grinned. "Here, mum sent this for you. Bring Alarix to the packhouse in the morning." He mentioned as he handed me a bag.

I nodded my head slowly as I watched him saunter out of the house. "You don't have to go with them." I blurted, spinning around to face Alarix.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'll go... I can get to know them." He smiled.

I took a deep breath then nodded. "Well, you can get dressed in the bedroom. I'm going to get a quick shower." I yawned, moving towards the stairs.

"Hey," He grasped my arm gently and let out a breath. "Are you happy that I'm here?" He whispered.

I reached up and planted a firm quick kiss on his lips. "Very." I smiled.

After I'd taken a shower, I quickly pulled on the clothes mum had packed for me. I quietly cursed her as I shimmied the tight little shorts up my legs.

I don't know what she was thinking about sending me these clothes. They leave nothing to the imagination. The tank top and shorts are fitted and cling to my body. I can't sleep like this... Wearing next to nothing, not next to him.

I pulled out the clothes for tomorrow and grinned to myself. Mum had packed me a hoodie. I pulled the hoodie on. It fell just below the shorts. This would keep me covered enough and possibly too hot, but at least we'd both be less tempted to do anything.

Please complete the bond! I want to be complete with him!′ Lola whined.

You know why I don't want to... The longer we put it off, the longer we get him.′ I sighed.

She huffed at me in response. I rolled my eyes as I moved towards the door to head to our bedroom. I wonder what Levi sent Alarix... Knowing Levi, Alarix probably doesn't have anything to sleep in, and I'll be stuck with a nearly naked mate... Laying next to me.

I grunted as I walked along the hallway to the bedroom. The door was slightly ajar, with a faint light shining out of the room. I pushed open the door and smiled at the sight in front of me. I still can't believe he's actually mine. All that fine specimen belongs to me.

He was asleep on the bed. He had one arm behind his head, and the other was draped over his torso. He had pulled the comforter over his waist. He looked so peaceful and comfortable.

I went further into the bedroom and closed the door behind me quietly. I tiptoed over to the bed and switched the lamp off. I sat carefully on the bed before laying down and tugging on the bed cover. It wouldn't move, so I made do with what I could get with Alarix laying on it.

I sighed and tried getting comfy. As sleep started taking over, I felt his arm snake under my arm and pull me back against his chest. He covered me with the comforter and nuzzled his face into my neck. I sighed in content and snuggled into the pillow.

"Goodnight, beautiful." He whispered, sleepily.

"Goodnight, Rix," I whispered, linking our fingers together and bringing them up towards my face. I placed a chaste kiss on his hand before holding our entwined fingers against my chest.

"I like feeling your heartbeat." He planted a small kiss on my neck before settling back behind me. I soon felt sleep pulling me under.

I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to work out what the sound was that woke me. I glanced beside me, and my eyes went wide. Alarix was curled up in a ball, whimpering. I could feel the heat radiating from him even though he was sweating. I could see the sweat pouring from his face and chest. His eyes were closed tightly together, and his fangs were somewhat poking out of his top lip.

"Alarix?" I whispered.

He didn't open his eyes or show any signs of acknowledging me. I rolled onto my side and leaned up onto my elbow.

"Rix," I reached my hand forward and lightly stroked his cheek.

He inhaled deeply, his hand grasped my wrist, and his eyes snapped open. I gasped as I stared into two fiery red eyes.

"You need to leave." He snarled through gritted teeth.

I recoiled away from him and flinched. I scrambled out of bed and rushed out of our room. I don't know what's going on... I don't know anything about vampires.

I rushed into the bathroom. I felt around for the string light. I tugged as I gripped the string. I squinted as the light blinded me, filling the room. I rushed over to the laundry basket, kneeled by the pile of my clothes. I fumbled through the pockets, looking for my phone.

"Dad, I need your help. " I quickly mind linked my dad. It was a quick way to know if he's awake or not.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and breathed out in relief that it still had some battery.

"Lila, what's wrong?" Dad asked.

I pulled up dad's number and pressed the call button. I waited for what felt like an eternity for him to answer. I nearly gave up when his voice sounded from the phone.

"Lila, what's wrong?" Dad asked. Panic was evident in his voice.

"I need to speak to Alarix's brother or sister," I replied in a rush.

"Hold on... I'm still at the packhouse. I'll go see if any of them are still up." He replied.

I heard what sounded like a chair scraping across the floor and then a door closing. "Are you ok? Can I do anything?" Dad asked again.

I sighed. "No... I need to speak to Athan or Celeste about Alarix." I responded.

"Hold on, baby girl." He muttered.

The sound became muffled before clearing again. "Lila?" Athan's voice replaced my dad's. I was hoping it would be Celeste. I know Athan had his reasons for what he did and tried doing, but I can't just forget.

"There's something wrong with Alarix," I yelped.

"I was afraid this would happen." He sighed.