believe the feeling of having me near

Alarix's POV.

I've only been standing at the altar for a few minutes, and I'm already a nervous wreck. My palms are sweating, and I can't stop my whole body from shaking. I know she's going to be here... I know she wants to marry me, but it doesn't stop the niggling feeling that she's going to realise she's far better than me and run.

"I can feel your anxiety and worry through our bond. What's wrong? Do you not want this anymore?" Lila's sweet voice appeared in my mind, and the tension I was feeling slowly evaporated.

"I'm just anxious for you to be here," I answered.

"I'll be there soon, handsome." She replied. I could hear a tint of amusement in her tone.

I grinned and glanced at my three best men. After Athan showed up, I couldn't decide between them all, so I told them they were all standing with me.

When I answered the door to Athan, I didn't know whether to hug him or wipe the stupid smirk he had on his face. He and Levi had planned this behind my back... Levi called him after I had told Leon what I wanted to do. It was Athan's idea for it to be a surprise.

"She'll be here," Levi whispered, leaning forward and as if on cue, the song I chose... How Long Will I Love You, by Ellie Goulding, began playing.

Everyone rose from their seats, turning around to watch Amari, Celeste and Cayla sauntering down the aisle in bridesmaid dresses. I grinned, staring at Celeste... I was relieved they were here. I loved Lila all the more, knowing she asked Celeste to be her bridesmaid.

My breathing was becoming erratic as my eyes fixed on the doorway, waiting and watching for Lila. My breath hitched in my throat as she rounded the corner with her dad.

Our eyes met, and the look she gave me nearly floored me as my knees buckled. Athan gripped my arm to stop my falling, which would have been incredibly embarrassing as Lila's face dropped as she watched me.

"Easy, bro, she's nearly here," Athan whispered, squeezing my arm.

She looked like an angel in a lace white floor-length ball gown. Her hair was over her shoulder, twisted into a plait, exactly how it was when I first laid eyes on her. She had white flowers scattered through her hair with a diamond tiara fastened neatly into her hair.

She nodded without breaking our eye contact as Leon whispered something to her. The song continued playing as they started walking down the aisle.

I couldn't stop the giddy feeling of her being so close, but not close enough for me to touch her. I know at weddings you're supposed to walk slowly down the aisle, but I needed her to run... I needed her in front of me, like now.

As they reached the altar, I had to clench my hands into fists to stop me from reaching out for her. Leon gave her a swift kiss on her cheek before going over to Ayla.

"Hi." She whispered, peering up at me.

"You look breathtaking." I breathed.

She blushed as her eyes roamed over me. "As do you." She drawled, sounding breathless. "Is that an official royal suit?" She questioned, looking back at my suit.

I nodded and glanced down. Alaric asked if I would wear the ceremony suit he wore when he became king. I was honoured and a little speechless, but I'm glad I accepted... The smile on his face was worth it.

"Are you both ready?" King Darius asked.

"Sorry, yes." I chuckled, apologising.

"We're here today to witness the bond exchange between Prince Alarix King and Lila Morris." The officiant started.