your talisman

Levi's POV

He's been in there for what feels like hours. I can feel his anxiety through our bond, and it's driving me crazy. I haven't been able to shift back. Leo is on edge; he won't give me control. He's pacing back and forth, melting the snow under his paws.

I have mind linked him loads. I've let my wolf's emotions flow through our bond, so he could sense how uneasy Leo is. I don't understand why he's not linking back. It doesn't take much to say... I'm ok. Then at least Leo would calm down.

"If he needed help, he'd ask... you know this, Leo." Lila tries talking him down, but he's not listening.

Just give me back control.′ I sighed. He growled in return and proceeded with his back and forth. Guess I'll be tucked away in here for a while.

His eyes were locked on the cottage door watching for any movement. Whoever leaves the cottage wants to hope they're with Elias. If they aren't, they're going to be wolf toys.

The door creaked open slowly. Leo's ears pricked up, and he stood still watching and waiting. Elias and two others came into view. Leo charged forward, barrelling straight into Elias, knocking him down. He covered his body, pressing his paws into his shoulders and buried his head into Elias' neck.

"Hey, hey... I'm ok." Elias soothed, stroking his hands through his fur.

I felt the familiar pull of being in control again. I stood up and went over to Lila and Alarix. I gathered my clothes in my jaw and trudged behind a tree.

I shifted, pulling my clothes back on. I sighed, leaning against the tree. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. Leo had calmed down now, so I no longer had his emotions railing through me.

"Are you ok?" Elias asked as he leaned against the tree next to me.

I spun around and caged him between my body and the tree. I forced my face into his neck and inhaled deeply. His fingers threaded through my hair as he feathered little kisses on my neck.

"I'm sorry I should have linked you back." He whispered.

I took deep breaths, drinking in his scent until I was I felt satiated enough. "Yes, you should have," I shivered as he dragged his teeth along my shoulder.

I pulled back, resting my forehead against his. "I'm sorry, Leo." He muttered, gazing into my eyes.

I felt Leo push forward. I could see my eyes were black in the reflection in Elias' eyes. "I didn't think... I'm confused about everything." He whimpered.

I forced Leo back. There is a time and place for Leo to assert his dominance; now is definitely not the time or the place. As much as I want to sink myself into him, he's worried about something, and my horny self and wolf can wait.

"What happened?" I questioned, searching his eyes.

"Magdaline, the witch, she was in my mother's coven." He whispered.

I held his hands between us, pressing my body into his. He took a deep breath before letting it out with a sigh. "I don't think she moved to the pack because of me being destined for you. Well, that was probably part of the reason, but I think she did it to keep me hidden and away from her." He explained.

I brushed my fingers over his knuckles, letting him know I was here as he continued, "my mum was the coven leader." He muttered.

"How is that possible? She spent most of her time either looking for Alarix or with my mum at the pack." I asked.

He shook his head and sighed. "I don't think she was looking for him, Levi. She was going back to her coven... She exiled Magdaline because she was pregnant with a male..." He cringed. "She told her to leave, and if she ever came across her son, she would kill him because no male witch should ever be born. Her hate runs deep." He choked back a sob.