ditto, baby

Lila's POV.

"So, is your pack big like that one?" Alarix muttered as we settled into our seats on the jet.

"No..." I hesitated as his eyes lit up. "It's bigger," I whispered.

His eyes widen. "How is that even possible?" He gasped.

I grabbed his hand and held it in my lap. "Listen, you'll be fine... You can meet the pack as and when you want to." I sighed. "My dad has told everyone to stay away until you are ready," I explained.

He sighed and nodded. "It's going to take me a while to adjust to this." He commented.

"We'll get through this together," I promised, leaning my head on his shoulder.

I have had a constant butterfly feeling in my stomach that hasn't disappeared since I saw him again. Last night was amazing... Nothing happened; I didn't realise how content and satisfying it would feel just laying in his arms.

It was definitely so hard controlling my emotions and hormones. I wanted to complete the bond... I wanted to give him all of me. My wolf was pushing for it, but I'm still sticking with waiting. I want as much time as I can with him.

The jet roared to life before taking off. I felt Alarix tense next to me. I reached up and pressed my lips to his neck. He gripped my hand and shuddered.

"Are you scared of flying?" I giggled against his neck.

"No. Flying is fine." He gritted. "I'm nervous about your pack. The jet taking off means I'm one step closer to being there." He groaned.

I leaned back and frowned at him. "I won't force you. If you would rather not, then we don't have to." I explained.

His gaze snapped at me. "I want you. Of course, I do." He blurted.

I chuckled and shook my head. "I didn't mean it like that. I meant, if you don't want to live in the pack lands, we could, um... Live away from the pack?" I offered.

His eyes went wide, and his mouth dropped open. I don't want to live away from the pack, they're my family, but my mate comes first. We could live in a cabin in the woods... Hell, we could live in a cave in the woods if that made him happy.

All I want is my mate to be comfortable and happy with me. And if that means distancing myself from the pack for a while then, so be it.

"What? You... You can't live away from the pack?" Levi blurted.

"She's not... Don't worry." Alarix answered, turning to Levi.

I looked over at them. Levi was frowning at me, and Elias was watching me sadly. I took a deep breath then breathed out exasperatedly. I glanced at my parents; they were watching me closely.

"Look... Of course, I don't want to leave the pack, but Rix is my mate. He comes first, and I want him to be happy." I sighed.

He whipped his head around to me with a strange expression on his face. "Lila, I'm honoured that you'd do that for me, but there is no need. I want to live in the pack lands with you, I do." He smiled at me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him against me, well as much as I could in the seat with my belt still on. "Thank you," I whispered.

I glanced at everyone. They all looked relieved. I smiled at them before burying my face into Rix's neck and inhaling. His scent is my favourite thing; it reminds me of nature and home.

"We have a surprise for you when we get home," Mum commented through our link.

I looked over at her... They were smirking at me. I raised my brow as they chuckled and continued what they were doing.

"Being with you makes me happy." He muttered as he pulled away and smiled at me.

I smiled and held my breath as he leaned forward. Our lips touched gently as I sighed into the kiss. I felt him smile then chuckled as he pulled away.

"Ok... Tell me something interesting about you." He grinned as he entwined our hands together.

"Hmm... Like what?" I chuckled.

"Favourite movie?" He raised his brow and beamed at me.

I chuckled and shook my head. "No... You'll laugh at me." I groaned.

"Now, you really have to tell me." He chuckled, leaning forward.

I took a deep breath and giggled. "Frozen, the Disney movie," I whispered.

He grinned at me and chuckled. "Can't see I've seen it." He answered, shrugging.

I smirked and nodded. "We're definitely watching Frozen." I beamed.

We spent the rest of the trip talking and laughing together. I slept for a few hours while he spoke to Levi and Elias. I know they're going to get along and become best friends... Well, at least I'm hoping. It will definitely make my life easier.

I know he's nervous about meeting the pack. I know he thinks because he's a vampire, the pack won't accept him, but the pack has known about the prophecy for years. They've had plenty of time to come to terms with a vampire joining our pack.

"Lila, you and Alarix are using your car to get to the pack. We thought you might appreciate the alone time to talk." Dad mentioned as he stopped by our seats before leaving the jet.

"How?" I questioned.

"Your uncles have driven in separate cars. Owen will travel back with us. You can dive your car and meet us at home." He replied, smiling at me.

"Levi and Elias can come with us if they want?" Alarix offered, and I was glad. As much as I loved being alone with Alarix, it didn't mix well with my wolf or hormones.

"Yes... They should come." I blurted. Alarix raised his brow at me with a slight smirk on his face. He definitely knew why I wanted them to.

"We're good with going with you." Levi chuckled to dad.

I scowled at him as amusement danced in his eyes. Dad shrugged and exited the jet with mum close behind him.

"You're finally going to know exactly what the bond does." Elias grinned.

"Babe, I like your thinking." Levi chuckled.

I growled and flipped them both off with my middle finger. "Mature, L." Levi rolled his eyes.

"I never said I was mature." I quipped before pulling Alarix towards the open door.

"Make sure you're safe. Lils." Elias called out. I groaned and left the jet with them both snickering behind us.

"Lila, your chariot awaits." My Uncle Wade grinned as I stopped in front of him. He dropped my keys into my open hand and darted his eyes between Alarix and me.

I chuckled and smiled at him. "Thanks, Uncle Wade." I grinned.

I turned to Alarix and smiled shyly. "Alarix, this is my Uncle Wade and Uncle Owen," I mentioned.

"This is my mate, Alarix." I introduced proudly, looking at my uncles.

They all shook hands and greeted each other. I could tell my uncles wanted to fire questions at him, but I'm grateful they kept their introduction simple and quick. He's already nervous. I don't want him to withdraw and go into his own head.

"So... Which one is your car?" Alarix asked, looking between the black SUV and the silver BMW.

I giggled and held the keys out, pressing the button. The silver BMW unlocked, and the roof slowly raised before tucking into the boot. "That's my car." I grinned.

"Nice." He beamed.

We walked towards the car. He went around to the driver's seat and opened the door. I smiled shyly at him; it was definitely a chivalrous thing to do.

Once we were seated in the car, I turned the engine on and grinned at Alarix. "You can drive, right?" He glanced at me from the corner of his eye.

I smirked and nodded as we pulled out of the airstrip. "Don't worry... You're safe with me." I chuckled.

He placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed gently. "Ditto, baby." He whispered.