16. PERFECTION

HANNA HAD DONE NOTHING FOR THE LAST FEW HOURS. She simply sat idly doing almost nothing as she lazed around. Usually, Hanna wouldn't waste this much time, but she didn't feel guilty at all. She didn't mind wasting this much time.

Hanna hadn't taken a day off in such a long time. It felt like an eternity since she had time for herself. She had so much time to kill with nothing to do. Hanna could waste the entire morning and have nothing to worry about. She didn't have to do anything until the evening sun rolled around.

Only now did she regret telling Derrick she would do the dance with him. She didn't know why she said it, speaking her mind in the spur of the moment. Hanna didn't know what swept over her, a wave of confidence taking her over.

Hanna grumbled, sitting on her couch. She didn't know how to spend the rest of the day. There seemed to be so much time for her to waste, but nothing for her to do until the afternoon sun arose.

Hanna's eyes danced towards the wall, staring at the clock, watching it tick softly. The light ticks escaped throughout the tiny apartment, being the only sound that echoed between her walls.

She did nothing even as the afternoon sun rolled around. It felt like no time had passed when the sun had finally made its way across the horizon. Her eyes passed by the clock again, noticing the time for her to get ready had arrived.

Hanna got off the couch, making her way to her dresser to get ready.

It didn't take her too long. She wore her usual dance attire, nothing too out of the ordinary for her. Hanna didn't care much about her appearance these days. It seemed as the days passed on, she began to care less. Hanna didn't even bother putting on even the slightest bit of makeup.

She shrugged, having no reaction as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Hanna grabbed her phone and keys from her countertop before she made her way out of her apartment.

Her hair flew behind her in the strong gale as she walked through the streets. This time, however, no thoughts fluttered around in her mind. For once, Hanna didn't have much to think about. She strolled through the streets as the sun's warmth soaked her skin. The breezes, unlike the sun, met her skin with icy blasts. They contradicted each other, polar opposites.

Hanna sighed as she made her way to the studio she had grown to love. Not even in her wildest dreams did she expect to visit the studio as much as she did now.

Cars continued to drift past her until she made it right in front of the very studio she once swore to never enter. Hanna knew she had changed just a bit. Maybe she had grown a little?

Hanna didn't move for what seemed like the longest amount of time. She stared at the studio before her for the longest time. She couldn't help but marvel at the sleek design of the studio. It made her want to dance, the modern contemporary design reminding her of a fishbowl every time she walked past it. She wore a light smile as she carefully analyzed the architecture.

Hanna's stomach wrenched as she waited in front of the building. Despite telling herself she would dance, an ounce of hesitation rested within Hanna. She didn't know why, but she knew she had to enter

Hanna let out a prolonged sigh before grabbing the door handle of the studio. As the door creaked open, a cheery jingle floated into the air, alerting everyone of her arrival. She allowed a smile to pain across her lips as the cold air inside met her.

Hanna's eyes made way to a familiar silver head just a few feet away from her. His eyes perched up from his papers as the jingle turned silent. As he noticed Hanna, a smile filled his lips. He recognized her raven hair.