"Pretty impressive." She cooed.

I glowed brightly at her, "as are you."

Lola barked once before leaping and sprinting off. I smirked and followed her. We were running side by side. I stole glimpses at her now and again. She looked so carefree and at ease... She was obviously at home in the forest.

We ran for another couple of minutes until she slowed down. We were strolling side by side. My hand was lingering on her fur. I can't get over how magnificent she is... Her head stops at my chest; she's huge.

I set my palm firmly on the scruff of her collar and brushed my fingers through her fur. She leaned into my touch. The warmth from her body felt amazing against my cold skin.

"Can you pass me the bag, please? I'm going to shift back." She remarked.

I pulled the bag from my back and held it out for her. She grabbed the bag between her teeth, then trotted behind a tree. I grimaced as the sounds of her bones snapping filled the forest.

The sounds vanished, then Lila appeared from behind the tree. "There will be a few pack members around the packhouse... is that ok?" She asked as she paused in front of me.

I nodded, taking a sharp breath. "I have to meet them, eventually." I retorted.

"Don't worry. They're going to love you... We've all been waiting for you. They are excited." She explained with a grin on her face.

I lifted my eyebrow at her, cocking my head to the side a little before nodding. "Prophecy." I understood, sighing.

She chuckled and curled her hand around mine. "Yes, the prophecy. Don't fret. Come on." She tugged me as led me through the trees.

"Does it hurt when you transform into Lila?" I quizzed, "because it sure as hell sounds like it does." I quivered.

"No, it comes naturally now. It's painless and quick." She responded. "My first shift was torture. It felt like it went on for hours. Now it takes mere seconds, but Lola can push through at any time... I can generally avoid that, but she can take over my human form." She explained.

I must look how I feel... confused. She shook her head and giggled. She stopped walking and turned to me.

She closed her eyes, drew a deep breath before exhaling slowly and reopening her eyes. Her eyes were fully black. "Hi." She greeted.

Her voice was different... stronger and deeper. "Hi," I mumbled.

"I didn't think Lila would let me out yet. I'm so pleased she did. It's nice to meet you... Mate." She grinned.

I stood there, aghast. I couldn't form any words. It's extraordinary.

"That's incredible." I drawled. "You're incredible." I choked.

Her eyes closed again before she opened them. She had a heartwarming smile pasted on her face. "Once you're over the initial shock, you can speak to her again." She mentioned. "She's always here."

I bobbed my head slowly. She chuckled and went on pulling me along. I was dumbfounded. I couldn't imagine my body going through all of that, and I don't think I'd want to. Having a whole other separate being connected to you and controlling you would terrify me.

She halted and peered up at me. "Over there is the warrior training zone." She pointed in front of her. I stared with my eyes wide and my mouth slightly parted.

There were roughly twenty wolves in either human or wolf form. They were sparring with partners or doing solo workouts. The wolves were massive in either form, both men and women. I don't really know what I was expecting in the pack... But I definitely know I wasn't expecting this.

"Do you have any training?" She inquired, tugging on my hand, getting my attention.

"I have basic self-defence." I shrugged. "My, um, my clan doesn't offer training. They train a select few vampires as the soldiers." I explained.

"They stick to the pecking order of the clan. The strongest and the weakest." I sighed.

We went on walking. I hummed in return. "Does your pack abide by the hierarchy?" I queried.

"Everyone trains here. They learn the basics too, but we have a special training centre here that focuses purely on different stages of training." She countered. "Wolves all over the world come here." She spoke proudly.

She had so much awe in her eyes when she spoke about the pack. I glanced around as we sauntered down a little street with houses lined on either side.

The pack lands were like a little secluded village surrounded by a fence... a proper little community. As we continued walking, everyone was looking at us. All eyes were on us. They were smiling, waving or staring at us in curiosity.

"Are you ok?" Lila whispered, leaning her head on my arm.

"Don't worry, I'm good," I replied.

"Do you see that huge building over there?" She asked, pointing to the end of the street.

I hummed. "That's the packhouse... Most unmated wolves live in there. Levi and Elias live in the Alpha's quarters on the top floor." She clarified.

"It's enormous," I muttered.

She laughed and shook her head. "There probably won't be many pack members about, so don't worry." She remarked.

"Well, here they are!" Some girl called out. I peered over to where the voice came from... She was sitting on a bench near a water fountain. Levi and Elias were seated on the stone wall surrounding the fountain.

"Nice of you to finally join us." Levi laughed. "Did she keep you up too late?" He smirked.

"Levi," Lila growled. I snickered and shook my head. "Levi," Lila growled. "So you're Lila's mate." The girl stated, glaring at me with her hand on her cocked hip.

I nodded, "I'm Alarix." I greeted. She studied me up and down with an unamused look on her face.

"Amari..." She grunted, holding her hand out. I glimpsed at Lila, who was glowering at Amari.

I reached my hand out and awkwardly placed my hand in hers. She shook my hand as she beamed at me before offering me an ear-splitting grin.

"It's good to meet you. My girl here has been waiting for ages for you." She grinned.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "Goddess, Amari." Lila sighed. I chuckled nervously and nodded.

"Dad is expecting you in his office. We'll be going now." Levi quipped.

"Say bye, love birds..." Elias winked.

I turned to Lila and smiled at her. "I'll see you soon." I swept her hair away from her face and leaned forward. She reached me halfway as our lips joined.

The kiss was gentle and quick. We pulled away as Amari cleared her throat, standing by Levi and Elias. I chuckled before planting a chaste peck on Lila's lips.

"Come on," they all grumbled.

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I forgot to tell you, Amari is joining you too." Lila mentioned sheepishly.

"That's ok." I smiled.

She offered me one last look before she turned and jogged towards the packhouse. I glanced at Elias, who was beside me, as he nudged my shoulder.

"You've got a good one there." He smirked.

I beamed at him because I knew he was right. I'd not only found my beloved, but I'd also found a new place I could call home. Along with wolves, I could call friends.