𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Kentrell Gaulden

"We're so sorry." She sighed. "What you mean?" I asked her.

"Jasmin lost a lot of blood and we couldn't help her in time, she died on the operation table." She spoke, Ben began to cry.

"What about Jayla?" I asked.

"Well she's on a breathing machine for now, she couldn't breathe on her own sadly. But the baby is healthy and made it out alive." I took a deep breath.

"But she's small so we're checking and making sure she'll be able to breath on her own as well." I automatically smiled when she said she.

"Again I'm so sorry for y'all lost." We nodded and she began to walk off. "Wait!" I yelled.

"Can I see her?" She sighed. "Not at the moment but I'll let you know when you can see her sir." I nodded.

I walked back over towards Ben and hugged him slightly. "She was my only love." He cried on Sheronda shoulders. "I know baby, I know." She rubbed his shoulders.

"What did she say Kentrell about Jayla?" I sighed, not even wanting to tell her. Because I know she loved Jayla more because that's who was around the most.

"She said I couldn't see her right now."

"Let's pray she heals, and wakes up to see her beautiful baby girl." I was lost in my thoughts.

I been in this situation before and I thought I lost her last time, but this is different. I was there to watch it all, but I wasn't here for her this time.

"Jaelynn baby." I heard Jayla voice in my head. "Ain't it beautiful? For such a beautiful baby princess." She chuckled.

"It is baby." I whispered.

"Don't worry, I'll see you soon baby." Her voice faded away.

The same nurse came back, but walked up to me. "Sir?" She said. "We need someone to feed the baby, are you willing to feed her with a bottle or nipple?" She asked.

"Nipple." She nodded, and I followed her.

She lead me to the room Jayla was laying in, I walked in and she tapped my shoulders.

"She's a fighter, I know it. But it takes time." I nodded. "I'll be right back with the baby." She walked out.

"So you're gonna leave me Jayla? Leave me alone to take care of our kids? I thought we was in this together baby." I cried rubbing her face.

She came back with the baby, I looked at her face and all I saw was Jayla and kinsley.

"I'll leave you alone, all you have to do is lifted up her gown and just latch the baby on." I nodded.

"You have any names for her?" She asked.

"Jaelynn Shontae Gaulden." She nodded and walked off.

"How are you holding up baby?" Erica asked me. "I'm trying, but I don't want to do this on my own." I wiped my tear.

"And you won't be on your own Kentrell." Sheronda spoke.

"We're here to help you at all times." Erica rubbed my back.

"My turn." Sheronda held her arms out, I handed her Jaelynn.

"Can I hold her next?" I turned my head to see Jayla eyes open.