"Hello." I greet to a boy at reception. I observe his body language which is subtle but alert. There's no register on table and no laptop for registration or to keep the record of who comes and goes. My eyes fall on a typewriter. Nobody uses it these days. I bet it is not a typewriter in real, it just looks like one.

"Yes?" He furrows his eyes and then smile.

"I've heard you give flats at rent? I want one." I say while scanning the hall. It's quiet. No one is around except one guard at lift who is looking at me murderously.

"Sorry, all are already occupied. You may try at some other place." He informs.

"Please check again? I really need one." I requests buying the time to scrutinize the area for loopholes. There's an air conditioner vent cover on the wall beside staircase. A backdoor just behind the reception.

"Sorry, I have already checked." He says wearily. I look back at him and smile before moving out.

"Two men in the reception hall. I'm going up through the air duct. Billy and Panther, back me up and be alert everyone." I inform my men while checking the bullets in my pistol. Billy and Panther follow me as I go inside again.

"Hello again. I forgot to ask your name." I ask the boy and observe him getting irritated. He notices Billy and Panther and the next moment his hand is inside the typewriter. He takes out the gun and point it at me. With a flex moment I twist his wrist to let the gun fall down and grab his neck to press the point behind his ear. But before he falls unconscious, he pressed a button on the typewriter and the siren blares inside the building. It happens in just seconds that the guard at lift couldn't do anything. I move ahead towards the vent while my men take care of the guard. I know the siren is high alert for the rest to be in action. I quickly get inside the vent and ask my men to get ready for the unknown.

I call Ana.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"Exact location...as in The Leaf itself?"

"Yes, on which floor?" I ask while adjusting my feet on either side of the wall. I look down. If I lose my grip I would fall 10 floors down.

"Number 44." I close my eyes at her reply. 34 more, yeah you can do it.

I climb up and in parallel, I convey a message to my men. "It's floor number 44. Reach there and be careful on the way. Every floor is guarded by his men and some are rushing down. Be alert while waiting for the lift."

They respond in unison.

Reaching at floor number 44, I peek through the vent cover. "There are five men with guns standing near the stairs and two near lift. One at each room. Total twenty and we are eight." I inform my force while thinking of a plan to cut them down.

"What do we do Sir?" Billy asks.

"Your locations?" I ask.

"Vane, Maddy and I are in lift, Forrey is after you in vent and Glider, Brew and Panther in stairs." Billy informs while I run my brain to adjust things in my favor.

"We are almost reaching Sir." Vane informs.

"Listen to me. I have a plan. Nobody comes out of the lift, hide up the ceiling in any way but do. I hope those in the stairs are winning?" I ask knowing that master's men are running in bundles down the stairs but I also know that Glider, Brew and Panther have automatic firearms.

"Yes Sir!" Panther pants. "We are alright. Brew got a bullet in his arm but he's okay."

"Don't worry about us Sir. We won't disappoint you." Brew speaks and I smile.