56. Terrifying Meeting

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Felix, leave us."

You almost jumped out of your seat to stop Felix. Even Athy seem to giving Felix desperate puppy eyes.

No, Felix! Don't do it. Don't leave us alone with this devil incarnate!

Felix bowed to Claude and throwing you a helpless smile, he left.

Ah, the only sane person who could save us from the wrath of this psychopath is gone! You mentally cried in despair. Someone help!

"Athy is it? Must be a pet name." Claude spoke up casually.

You cleared your parched throat. You didn't like where it was heading.

"Athanasia." Claude repeated the name before his tone grew dark and cold. "What a name. Do you know the meaning of that name?"

Goosebumps rose on your skin once you noticed the dark expression on his face.

Athy tilted her head innocently, her side pressing to yours as she trembled. You shot a brief smile trying to relax her. It seem to do the trick as her shoulder sagged slightly and she completely leaned on you.

Claude's facial expressions subtly changed at your actions but he didn't comment on it.

Instead he seem to be salty about Athy's name.

"To give her own child such name and a girl at that." Claude continued on coldly, blue eyes glowing eerily. "She would have had her limbs ripped off if she had survived the labor."

What? You shuddered, and your head shot up to stare at Claude in disbelief. Why was he speaking of maiming Diana so causally?

Don't you love her?

Something was off. Something was clearly not right.

Claude's blue eyes bore into you. You couldn't take your eyes off him, even when he raised a eyebrow in question.

"You have something to say?"

Immediately you shook your head, with a strained smile, averting your eyes away.

Claude clicked his tongue, back resting against the pillows as he eyed you, displeased. He probably didn't like that you didn't answer him verbally.

"Why are you just sitting there? Go ahead and eat."

His words snapped you back to your senses. At first you thought he was speaking to you but soon you realized he was speaking to Athy.

Athy shakily reached for the pudding cake before Claude's next words stopped her dead in her tracks

"I ordered them to bring something kids like. If you don't eat I will have no choice but to punish the cook."

Was that necessary to add?! You wanted the throw the pillow at him but sadly you were too scared to even make a tiny squeak.

"Thank for the food!" Athy immediately moved for the dessert, aware of the subtle threat in his words.

You shot her a worried look. Athy's hands were trembling badly as she took a tiny bite out of the pudding.

"Yummy!" Athy exclaimed in shuddering voice, voice cracking as she took another bite.

Claude watched Athy, the focus in his blue eyes quite unnerving. It was like he was looking at something odd that seem to intrigue him.

You didn't like it one bit. All you wanted was grab Athy and launch yourself out the window. But you knew Claude's insane reflexes. He would catch you before you even stood a chance at getting up.