ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟛𝟡

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

I stared up at the ethereal man in front of me. His eyes were scanning me as I drew back another breath. I had never experienced such a soothing yet unsettling feeling since the time I first laid eyes on Vincent.

"What's your name?" I asked the quiet figure.

His lips remained in a fine line when he heard someone approaching. Jae was jogging my way, screaming "bestie" as always. He huffed when he reached me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "A-are you going to J-Joseph's?"

I turned my head to look Jae's way, "Yes, I was actually about to call her, until--" I stopped when I saw the mysterious man had left.

Not a sound was made.

No single gesture of a goodbye given.

He was simply gone.

• • •

I pulled into Joseph's driveway after buying two dozen donuts, seeing Felix skateboarding along the sidewalk

I pulled into Joseph's driveway after buying two dozen donuts, seeing Felix skateboarding along the sidewalk. I could tell Jae was doing his best to remain calm as he was sitting on the tire swing of the tree in the front yard.

I got out of the car with my boxes of donuts and Jae came running to me once again. "F-for us?" Felix rolled over to me on his board and grabbed a box from my hand, "Nah, for me."

Jae would have laughed if he wasn't panicking. "O-okay," he whispered back and quickly walked off, suddenly losing his appetite. Felix frowned with his gold eyes, "Why is he like this to me now? We were all good a couple months ago."

I took the box back from his hands. "Go ask him yourself," I said and added a sentence more to bribe him, "and I'll save you two chocolate Twisties." Felix's eyes immediately lit up and he started running to Joseph's vast backyard where Jae was about to board a horse.

I smiled to myself as I walked up the porch steps to the front door. I hated problems that remained unsolved, and whether things between them two would come to a peaceful conclusion or a broken one, at least they'd both know the truth.