ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟞

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

"I have to speak with him plleeaaasseee!"

Tauntay shook his head and I tried to run past him, but he held me back.

"Boy I'm bout to put you on yo knees! Let go!"

He let go, and I started screaming as I fell. I thought it was the end of me for a split second, but before I could hit the ground like he made that one desperate girl do, he caught me.

I hissed, pushing away from him. "You're so mean for no fucking reason."

"Thank you," he said plainly.

I sighed and looked up at the window where Vincent's office was.

I already found him staring down at me.

Why was he always catching me in these fights?

I rose a hand to wave, and he didn't care to wave back. He just walked away.

Well damn.

Strangers again hm?

⚔ 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 ⚔

I placed the batch of fries into the frier and took a second to get my college books paid for.

Interesting thing was, there were no payments to be made. Apparently they were already taken care of and so was my entire tuition for the year.

I knew damn well I didn't pay for all that.

Vincent.

"Girl you're burning the fries!" one of my co-workers panicked.

I hurried to take them out, and saved them just in time. "All good," I giggled.

My co-worker shook their head and I sighed, deciding to go see the mayor.

⚔ 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 ⚔

I never asked Vincent to do this, and I was honestly a bit furious that he did it all on his own.

It was my responsibility, not his.

Me and Tauntay arrived at Vincent's office after bickering with each other for what felt like forever. He probably thought me to be some childish foe now.

Adalia sat on the floor between Noah's legs as if she was a baby penguin. "Ooo! Ooo! Can I open the door for her this time daddy?"

Tauntay cringed and I blinked. It made me think about Vincent's words that night he ran from Ziad with me.

"Someone like you needs someone to raise you."

I rolled my eyes at the thought. I was fine all on my own.