ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙𝟛

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

"Leave me alone..." I whispered, and Vincent was ultimately confused.

Before he could say anything, his phone rang in his pocket, and he backed away from me to take the call.

"I am in the middle of something, miss Smurna," he hissed.

I sighed. Always a miss.

I decided I was through with all of this.

Unfortunately, my phone went off as well.

Not now, I thought.

Jason:
Grandma is in bed rest.

I groaned quietly before reading the lasts of the texts, knowing I'd regret it.

Jason:
They don't know how
much longer she has.

I placed my phone back into my purse, which was hanging on a coat rack, and took a deep breath.

"This is ridiculous Aileen," I heard Vincent say.

I rolled my eyes and walked away, but before I could reach the door, he walked back over to me and grabbed my wrist.

"Let go," I spat.

He gave me a look as if I wasn't supposed to be talking to him in that manner, but I didn't give a damn.

"I'll call you back," he whispered and placed his phone back into his pocket.

"Shut up," I told him before he could say anything. "...and I don't care if those words anger you. I'm done."

He was so confused as to why tears were swelling in my eyes.

I hated how emotionless he seemed. My heart wasn't just something I gave away like all the gifts and money he gave to me.

"You damned men can't give me a break. You're all the same!"

Even though I rose my voice, I wasn't loud. My throat started to feel so weak and I only sounded pained.

Vincent shook his head and started doing weird things with his hands as if he was trying to calculate everything. "I'm not like them, I-"

"Yes you are!" I shouted, "you're worse than any man I've ever met!"

"Sugar-"

"Shut the hell up!" I cried and jerked my wrist from his grasp. "Good men never made me cry for something stupid like this."

Not Ziad, I thought.

This was Vincent's final chance, and his silence as a response blew it all.

"You're just like my father. Always wanting dominance and ownership, as well as engaging with more than one woman, and for what?!"

For once, I saw Vincent struggle.