ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙𝟙

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

━━━━━━━━━━ × ━━━━━━━━━━

"Like this?"

I looked at Vincent's lopsided icing.

"No, silly!" I said and grabbed his spoon, circling his icing into a wavy mountain. "Now it looks like a skyscraper!"

Vincent looked at that rather ugly blob of icing on his cake, "This is not-"

"Yes it is. Hush," I responded and licked my red whipped cream off my cupcake.

It reminded him so much of his tip, that he had to force himself to think of something else.

He watched me carefully as we both walked down the town. To save his sanity, he had to think fast. "Hurry up and bite it," he said, beginning to get frustrated. I was oblivious to his emotions.

I shoved the whole cupcake in my mouth, muffling, "Better?"

"Yes, I guess," he sighed and stopped by a trash can, about to throw his cupcake away until I snatched it out of his hand.

He blinked repeatedly at me and I stopped in my tracks, turning my back to him, "Don't watch me eat knucklehead."

"Why can't I?"

I licked my lips and shoved his cupcake into my mouth after I finished swallowing mine, not answering.

He could see my cheeks expand from behind as I chewed, and he honestly found it too cute.

Do something bad, he prayed.

I took his hand again and jogged over to one of the toy shops, pointing at a human-sized bear through the glass wall.

"You want that?" he asked.

I shook my head, "It just looks really cool. I've never seen a bear this big in person before."

He was already eyeing the price. "Not even on Valentine's Day?"

"Valentine's Day?" I asked.

Valentine's Day for me felt so nonexistent. Even when I was with Jason, neither of us really celebrated it much. We'd both usually just celebrate our anniversary instead.

"It's a day where couples give gifts to each other and do..." he almost cringed, "romantic things."

"Oh...right..."

Romance.

We both stood in silence and looked at the bear, and then I shrugged, thinking to just move along. "Let's just get going."