ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟛

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

His eyes were much more scary in person than on television. Remorse...possibly regret...and so much more.

Though he looked so empty, there was a hint of mystery and beauty about his silver irises that left a part of me wanting answers.

I could only wonder how anyone managed to look him directly in the face without feeling something.

"What are you here for?" Vincent asked and turned his attention to his laptop.

"I have your coat. I came to return it to you. Nothing more," I responded, and almost walked up to his desk, but he stopped me.

"Throw it away or sell it. I'm not taking it back."

"What? But-"

He fastly stood and stormed over to me to rip it out of my grasp, before proceeding to the trash can. I didn't think he'd actually do it, but when his coat dropped into the container, I was baffled.

"Thank you," he sighed impatiently and unbuttoned his suit coat, "is that all?"

"Yes sir," I responded quickly.

He sat back in his chair and grabbed his mouse, clicking several times.

Was I supposed to leave or was he supposed to dismiss me? I tried leaving on my own, but he stopped me, yet again.

"It's rude to leave with no introduction, miss. You must have a name. What is it?"

He knew almost everything about me, yet he didn't know my name?

"Ulyssa," you said, not turning your back.

"Have a good day then, Ulyssa."

"You too," I responded quickly and stormed out of the door.

I saw all those burly men standing in a straight line just outside of the office, except for this one thinner guy who was sitting on the floor, messing with a camera. He had several tattoos on his arms and several piercings along his left ear. Due to Vincent's words earlier, I assumed he went by the name Jae.

"H-hey, how did it go?" he asked.

Damn he talked fast. It was cute to an extent.

"Great," I said as happily as I could.

I wanted to bring up the whole tuition thing, but couldn't even form the question. Looking at the mayor made my mouth so dry, and for what?

Jae chuckled and fixed the lenses of his camera. "Y-yeah, that's cool."

Tauntay tilted his head as a sign that I could leave, and I would have left, but Jae started being a chatterbox again. "I-I'm Dae-Hyun Jae. You can call me by my last or first, d-don't really care."