ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟛𝟚

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

I followed Amelia out of the courthouse and Antero trailed closely behind. Where I was lead had my body stuck in shock.

There was a jet black car waiting by mine. I didn't even know what kind it was. It looked like a decepticon or a luxurious armored vehicle. "I-is this gonna turn into a monster?" I asked.

 "I-is this gonna turn into a monster?" I asked

"Ant," Amelia said, ignoring my comment. She was oddly striking. Her hair was as dark as the night sky and had a natural shine. It was basically a wavy mess, but it added to beauty to her fine-cut jawbones nonetheless.

Her brother sighed. "Don't scratch it." He, too, was breathtaking in his own way. He often walked with his hands stuck in his pockets, never covering up the black snake tattoo on his wrist with his sleeves. His turned-up nose was longish and his right nostril was pierced with a silver ring. His hair was a wavy mess as well, but the undercut matched with his sharp sideburns completed the look entirely.

Both the twins had the same emerald eyes, but they were closer to gray, than mossy and deep like Ziad and their father.

I blinked in confusion suddenly, wondering if I missed a spoken line between the two.

Antero tossed his keys to Amelia. "Come with me," Amelia told me.

"But my car-"

Antero smiled and held up my keychain, taking steps backwards to my car while facing me. How did he get it?! "I've got you, plemyannitsa."

(Plemyannitsa = "Niece.")

• • •

It smelled like pineapples throughout the whole ride, because that's all Amelia was focusing her mouth on at the moment. "We've got to get rid of that sappy professional outfit," she muffled, chewing yet another square slice of the juicy yellow fruit.

"Why does it matter what I wear to go see him?"

She laughed at my response. "You're new to the family, and we're going to throw a grand lunch for you. You can't go into the household looking like that. My father would scold your very existence immediately."