ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚𝟠

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

I looked at the daring man in front of me, thinking to tease Kenneth a bit more to lure his full transition to his darker self. "You really missed me?"

"Of course," Kenneth whispered and leaned in over the table as I placed the handcuffs down on my mini bag beside me. "Don't believe me, pretty eyes?"

I flipped through some sheets in my notebook, biting my lip. "Just a tad."

When he started to shake his head a bit, I knew he had changed. That chuckle of his was unsettling. "Ugh..." he exaggerated tiredly, "You again?"

"Me!" I giggled.

Kade closed his eyes and started to drum his fingers closer to my papers, "Let me guess...another evil attempt to lecture me?"

"Yes," I responded and tapped his fingers away with my pen.

He smirked as his eyelids rose, staring me down with those mischievous brown irises of his. "Well someone's gotten more bold..."

When his eyes traveled down to my neck, watching me swallow my nerves, he knew I was still a little on edge. "More...sadistic."

True. I was nervous. Kade's records were intimidating, and his personality was even more, but being able to handle these kinds of people was my dream. If I could heal him, I could heal almost anyone.

"Would that make you the masochist then?" I asked, getting right back with him.

Kade leaned back in his chair, laughing as he took his hair out of the tie I had placed around it. "Of course..."

I took a silent deep breath as I jotted down his appearance.

The bags under his eyes were clearing up, so I could confirm he's been sleeping better.

Kade continued to utter random things. "Guess that means you own me? Huh?" He was so freaking chatty, it was almost annoying. "Think I need to grow my beard a bit more? The lady janitors seem to think-"

"Hush Kade," I said.

He frowned playfully, hugging his knees to his chest, "Yes ma'am."

When his hair fell to his broad shoulders, I noticed he had yet another snow-colored streak going through the front. It honestly added to his charms.

He rose his hand, "Can I speak now?"

"No," I said and looked closer at him.

He was growing a bit of stubble, and the shirt he was wearing was torn of its sleeves, exposing his more toned biceps. He also had a bit of a tan.

Why was any of this checklist necessary? It helped me see who's been present more within Kenneth; either himself or Kade.

Kenneth was more clean, lean, and restless. Kade was more rough, athletic, and cared for his sleep. Therefore, Kade has been more present.