ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟙𝟡

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

I pet the white horse before Joseph pulled it by its reigns into the stable. That man had truly bore a set of biceps. Farm work must have been a lot.

The horse began to neigh, almost sadly, when Joseph locked the door to its stall. I giggled and waved the horse goodbye, "I'll come back another time. Promise."

It neighed again and turned around. Joseph slapped its bottom, "Stop whining Rumphert. She said she'd return."

I almost snorted. I didn't think I'd ever witness seeing a horse sad before.

"Ready to go?" Vincent asked from beside me.

I nodded and Joseph coiled a lasso through one of his belt loops. "Not gonna stay for the Demon Slayer movie?"

I shook my head and took Vincent's hand, "I'll save that for your and Remmy's alone time."

Joseph's ears immediately turned the color of cherry, and he ran a hand through his messy wavy hair. "R-right. I'll see you guys."

And with that, me and Vincent were off to our next adventure.

• • •

I waved everyone goodbye as I got into Vincent's black Lamborghini.

"You better be at work early next Monday, Dae-Hyun," Vincent spat, and Jae nodded quickly, "I-I will sir."

Remeré blew me kisses and Vincent got into the car, wasting no time to back out of the driveway.

When I was looking out of the window, he used his knee to control the wheel, and reached into his compartment for a new set of gloves. He changed them easier than he would a pair of socks.

Talk about multi-tasking.

"Are we heading to your house?" I asked.

He moved a hand back on the wheel and dropped his knee. "Yes. Is that alright with you?"

I nodded and hugged my bear close. "I'm so nervous."

"Good? Bad?"

I looked over at him, eyeing his small Adam's apple above his turtle neck shirt. "Not sure yet," I giggled.

"Cupcakes?" he offered to alternate the mood.

"Oh my gosh. Yes!!"

• • •

After buying me cupcakes, Vincent and I were jamming to good ol' MJ in his vehicle. He let the roof down, and the night lights of the city were blurring past us as he sped home.

Vincent placed his palm flatly against his chest, "Baby, love never felt so fine~" when he pointed towards me, my arms reached for the sky and I picked up on the lyrics as Michael blasted through the speakers into open air. "And I doubt if it was ever mine~"