ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚𝟞

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

I grabbed my purse and rushed down to Ziad's workout room, seeing him unload duel pistols on yet another Vincent dummy.

"Dad!" I yelled.

He grabbed yet another clip from the back of his weapon belt, shooting five bullets through the center of the dummy's head.

Would he ever give it a break?!

"Dad!!!" I yelled again.

Ziad froze and turned to look at me, suddenly losing the serious expression on his face. "Oh. Hi, sweetheart."

"I'm going out," I told him.

He rose an eyebrow, "Where?"

I shrugged, "Maybe the mall or Remeré's."

He placed the guns on a long silver table that had other countless weapons. "Hm," is all he could manage to get out. He didn't know if I was going to try to see that mayor.

She'd never forgive me if she saw what I did to Vincent, Ziad thought.

"What?" I laughed, looking at my stepfather's miserable face.

"You can go," he said sadly and sat on the edge of the table, polishing a dagger with a white rag.

I looked at him for a moment, then shrugged, turning to leave until he spoke again.

"No hug?" he asked my turned back.

"Nope," I giggled and did my best to run away, but before I could even jog, he had scooped me up in his embrace. "Put me down!!!"

Ziad gave me one long big squeeze.

He knew I hated hugs, but he felt like it was necessary for my survival, due to recent scientific studies. "Hugs are good for you."

I cringed and he laughed, putting me down. "I love you. Go have fun kiddo."

I could feel my face heat up when he petted my head. "I will. Bye bye!"

Ziad watched me run off, before looking at his watch, seeing a red dot along the map of the city. The tracker was working.

Good.

• • •