ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟚𝟚

♛    ♛    ♛

♛    ♛    ♛

Vincent hissed and tried to grab the small girl away from my teddy bear. "Leave it alone Autumn. It's not yours."

"But I want it!" the red-headed girl whined.

The blonde boy, who went by the name of Aven, however, was quietly reading a book above his grade level. Just from observing him, I could tell he was raised from prim and proper roots.

Willa was seated silently beside me and stared at me like a hawk as I ate. The black phosphoresce orbs within her almond-shaped eyes were pierced with wonder.

Poor naive girl, she wanted to say.

I couldn't even finish my food as she rubbed her fingertips together in thought. She let out a rather annoyed sigh after a moment and pulled off her silky black gloves. Her nails were zebra themed, and glistened like the rest of her figure.

"Honey, why are you with this man?" she spoke suddenly, "You do understand that he's nothing serious, correct?"

I blinked at her words and Vincent groaned, "I severed the ties Willa. Enough."

She smirked her strawberry lips at him, "Oh come on muffin-"

I just about snorted. Muffin?

She continued after I fell silent. "You know I have to save these women before they end up in the hands of horrific men like you."

"I'm serious," Vincent spat and quit tugging at Autumn's arm. I've never seen him this aggravated before.

Willa's lips remained parted for a moment. "Interesting...talk about character development. Am I right? What all did she do to you?"

Vincent's jaw began to tick, "Why are you here?"

"You were late," she said plainly and dropped her playful tone. "Again."

He tried to respond, but she snapped her fingers to silence him. "Zip it. I've withheld the opening. You will have your second shot next weekend, and I expect you to be there with whoever you decide to bring along."

"Sure," Vincent sighed, and she sipped her hot tea in disgust, placing a hand to her chest. "This is certainly not France."

I bit my lip to keep from laughing as I made eye-contact with Vincent.

"Anything else?" he asked impatiently as Autumn began to tug at his hair.

Willa placed her cup back down and pulled her long gloves back up her arms, "Ah, yes. Uncle. I've come to visit him. Has he been the same old crazy man as usual?"

"Go visit and find out," Vincent responded.

I cleared my throat, "I actually visit him often."

Willa turned her attention back to me, batting her long eyelashes. "Oh? Why is that? Are you another one of his breeding dolls-"