The Unfair Game 31

Katherine rushed inside the hospital breathless. After hearing what happened to her husband she booked a flight immediately to be there for him. Her eyes loaded with tears and even though he almost got killed because of another woman, Katherine just couldn't turn her back on him. He was the love of her life and she would do anything to keep him for herself.

"Good morning nurse, I'm here to see my husband. Khalil Payne" Katherine said breathlessly at the front desk.

"Are you family?" The nurse asked.

"I'm his wife... Katherine Payne" Katherine introduced herself.

"Room 15" the nurse replied.

Katherine walked off immediately down the hall of the huge hospital, she embarked on the elevator right away. Minutes later she was standing by the room door with tears rolling down her cheeks, she looked at her husband lieing on the bed with tubes in his nostrils. On his left hand is a white cast supporting his broken arm.

"Baby!" Katherine called out to him softly.

"Anessa!" Khalil called out weakly before opening his eyes which he was having a difficult time to do.

Kathetine scoffed and more tears rolled down her cheeks. "Unbelievable! I got here as soon as I could and the woman that almost got you killed is the only name you could call? Why are you doing this to me Khalil?" Katherine cried.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but it was my job to protect her from Marcel. He's a dangerous man" Khalil said weakly, he groaned as he tried to move.

"Your job is to protect me, to love and respect me not her. She is not coming back, he will not hurt her!" Katherine shouted frastratedly.

"You don't know that?" Khalil asked eyeing her seriously.

"Yes I do because they both love each other. Focus on me Khalil, I'm your wife" Katherine cried.

The door opened and a doctor walked in. On his name tag marked 'Dr. Lao'.

"Hello, Mr. And Mrs. Payne" he greeted, he could tell they are married.

"Hi Dr. Lao, how is my husband's condition?" Katherine asked, turning her attention to the doctor. Although she is hurting, she still want to know he's ok.

"Other than his broken arm, he's stable but we still need to keep him here for further testing" Dr. Lao explained.

"Thank you Dr." Katherine said sweetly.

"Dr. Lao, how is my team mates?" Khalil asked concerned of the other officer that got injuried.

"I'm so sorry to announce that you have lost seven of your teammates, we couldn't save them and the rest are in critical conditions and one of them fell in a coma this morning" Dr. Lao told Khalil.

Khalil heart pain him when he heard the news. "The one in the coma, What's his name?" Khalil asked worriedly.

"Calvin Anderson..... Khalil was zoned out, he didn't hear anything after the doctor called Anderson name.

💞💞

"Malia! Oh my God! I thought I'll never see you again" Anessa said happily with tears of joy in her eyes.

She rushed over to Malia and pulled in a bear hug, she missed her so much and to see her again brings joy to her heart.

"We missed you so much Anessa" Malia said, hugging her back.

They stayed in that position for what seems like hours before pulling away. Both girls eyes leaked with tears of joy.

"Where is Khalil?" Anessa asked looking around her.