The Unfair Game 9

"Meeting in the board room everyone" Matthew PA, Naomi informed.

Anessa arrived in the board room late since she was finishing up the payroll that should be sent out this evening but her PA was present. She silently walked in the room and sat at the front where she always sat. Matthew goes on with the great news of the the great improvement of the hotel, the expansion that will be taking place soon and that someone will receive a promotion this morning.

Employee gasped in excitment, anxious of the promotion coming up while Anessa just sat there with her mind wondering around. Her PA was there to take all notes that she will go over later when she is free and settle.

"So I have notice the anticipation on all your faces about this new promotion. Firstly, I would like to say, you all have done a great job at Marlo Resort and Spa and your great work and team work have made us to the top with great achievements. On behave of Marcel Marshall and myself, we appreciate your great work and expecting more......

The room filled with aplaude and chattering. Matthew silence them before continue with his talk.

"So now I will go ahead and announce the new Chief Operating Officer(COO) of Marlo Resort and Spa Ms. Anessa Peart" Matthew gave out and everyone turned to Anessa who has her eyes focusing outside on the beautiful blue sky.

"Ms. Peart" Anessa's PA called to get her attention.

She quickly turned around to see everyone eyes on her with bright smiley faces.

"Congrat Ms. Peart..... You have been promoted as the COO of the company" Matthew told her.

"Ok Thank you, I guess" Anessa drawled. She knows this is all Marcel doing to get her to talk to him. It has been a month and still she is hurt about his abuse to her. He have showered her with gifts, take her on expensive trips but Anessa still is upset.

After the meeting ended, Anessa went back to her office to tell her friends about her promotion. Not that she is now excited just that Marcel is trying to buy her out.

💗💗

"Matthew told me that you weren't happy about your promotion beautiful" Marcel said as he do the button of his shirt sleeve.

Marcel was taking Anessa to dinner with his bestfriend Lorenzo and his girlfriend Meagan. Anessa slide her neat, figure into her black dress that have a decent split at the side. She slide her black heels on before walking over to Marcel, to zip her up.

"I just don't know why you think showering me with gifts and giving me a promotion would heal what you did to me.... I just didn't feel the need to go over the moon for that infact I love my position as the accountant" Anessa said, moving to the body mirror to insert her earrings.

"I just want things to be ok between us like before so I will do whatever I have to do until I get you to smile at me again and you can do both" Marcel told her, wrapping his gold Rolex around his wrist. "What will it take for you to forgive me beautiful?" He then asked.

"Alot" Anessa said grabbing her black purse and signal him that she is ready to go.

💗💗💗

Khalil placed the menu book on the table as soon as he gave the waitress his order. He looked around the room noticing the wealthy people chattering, eating and drinking expensive wine.

"How is your stay at the beach house Payne?" Mr. Anderson asked Khalil as he took a swig from his the glass of expensive wine.

"I like it there even though I can't get to snoop around Marlo anymore" Khalil answered. He missed seeing Anessa beautiful face.