The Unfair Game 10

On the weekend Anessa was home alone, the workers already left for their quarters so the mansion was alot quiet. Anessa curled up into the gold and dark brown, heart shaped sofa and grabbed the remote. She switched the television on, skipping through channels while stuffing her face with fresh strawberries and grapes. A beep came in on her phone and she reached for it and open the new message.

KP: Good evening love, I'd love to see you tomorrow😊

Her finger swiftly types on her phone screen.

Me:  I can't Khalil, I'm sorry.

A few seconds.

KP: it's not a date love, I respect your relationship and I just want to show you something.... it won't be for long and I won't get you in trouble.

Anessa could imagine the smirked on his face right now. She typed back.

Me: Ok, see you then.

KP: Good night love.

Anessa smiled then was about to text back when Marcel entered the room. She quickly close her phone and placed in under her legs before turning to him.

"Welcome home babe" Anessa said as he walked close to her and kissed her lips.

"I have a surprise for you beautiful" he said, taking her hand and pulled her up.

"What is it?" Anessa wasn't a fan of surprises.

"Just follow me but you'll need this" he pulled out a blind fold and wrapped it around her eyes.

Anessa walked as he guide her into the elevator, she felt it moved off and Marcel hold her close to him. His sweet scented cologne invaded her nostril making her relax. The elevator when up and up and up again before it finally stopped. He guide her out, they approched a flight of steps then Anessa heard the opening of a door.

"Babe" she called when cool breeze hit her skin.

"Just trust me.. we are almost there" he cooed, placing his jacket over her.

They stopped, Marcel removed the blind fold but instructed her to keep her eyes close."Open up beautiful" he said.

Anessa slowly opened her eyes, amusement dance through them when she noticed the simple and beautiful settings under the tent on the roof top. Her eyes glows at the beautiful flowers, the candle lights and she is loving everything about it.

"I love this honey" she gasped, turning to Marcel and pulled him into a warm hug.

"I know you would, I just want you to have something simple and to make you happy beautiful" Marcel told her as he rubbed his hands gently down her back.

"What's the occassion though?" Anessa peered her head up to look at his handsome face.

"Lets go in and see"

They entered the tent, they sat beside each other while Marcel hands her champagne. She smiled and took a swig of her champagne, it tasted so good. Marcel kissed her deeply, she felt sparks and love between them right now. He pulled away, got on his feet then drop to his knees. Anessa choked when she realised what's about to happen.

"Marcel.....

"Shhhh! Hear me out... he cuts her off. He pulled out a grey box from his pocket, opening it, Anessa eyes glistered with the white gold with diamond engagement ring. Her heart raise in her chest, she got speechless because she really wasn't expecting this anytime soon.

"My love, my beautiful Anessa... I've hurt you so many times and still you forgave me so many times and you are still here with me. You showed me all the love in this world, I over stepped my boundries with you but you gave me another chance and with this chance I want to take you as my wife.... Please accept this ring and become my darling wife beautiful.... will you accept?" Marcel asked sounding sincere.