The Unfair Game 21

The nurses moved quickly with Anessa on the gurney, she still is unconcious. Khalil ran with the nurses until they stopped him at the emergency room door. He ran his hands through his locs as he watched them dissappeared with her. He wished he had made it to her sooner but he didn't know where to look until she called. They traced the call and got her location. He walked over to the waiting area and slouched down on one of the chair.

"Khalil! Hi" Malia said giving him a small hug then sat beside him. "How is she?" Malia asked desperately.

"Unconcious, the doctors are looking after her" he said heaving a frastrated sigh.

"I can't loose her, she's my bestfriend and I've known her all my life" Malia said crying.

"She will be ok Malia. Anessa is a strong woman you should have seen what she did to that bastard" Khalil told her rubbing her shoulder.

"Where is he?" Malia asked distatefully.

"In surgery, Anessa shot him in both leg but he will be under strong security service until he get well then he will be locked away for good"

"Thank God, he deserve it" Malia said.

They sat there in the waiting area for another half hour but nothing. They were running out of patience but they stood still. Anderson approached Khalil and asked to speak to him privately. They went by the vending machine.

"About earlier, I'm sorry about what I said about Anessa not being your wife. You were right, we helped put her in that mess and I am glad she is safe" Anderson apologies.

"I'm sorry too for snapping at you, I was just so anger" Khalil said looking up at Anderson.

"You need to tell her though Khalil" Anderson said, holding onto his shoulder.

Khalil knows just what he is talking about but he couldn't let himself tell her about it. She has been through alot already and telling her this will just let her feel worst. He thought.

"I will but when the time is right" he told Anderson.

"When will that be Payne? She have been hurt enough already, she desrve to know. What will happen when you go back to london?" Anderson asked.

"I will think about all that another day. Right now I just want to see her wake up" Khalil said, moving off.

"You shouldn't allow yourself to fall inlove with her Payne?" Anderson said.

Khalil stopped but didn't look back." I know and I don't regret it. Thanks for the talk though" he waved at him before leaving.

💗💗

Following morning Anessa slowly opened her eyes. The smell alone could tell that she's in the hospital. She felt weak and thirsty. She looked up and saw a nurse writing in a folder, the nurse dropped the folder and approached her when she noticed her trying to get her attention.

"Hey, stay still. You need more rest" the nurse said, helping her to feel comfortable.

"I am thirsty" she told her lowly.

"Ok, I will get you some water and the doctor will come check on you shortly. We are so happy you're awake" the nurse said sweetly.

Anessa made a small smiled and watched her disappeared out of the room. Minutes later she returned with water and fed her. The doctor then came in and checked up on her, other than she being weak, she was alright. The doctor told her she can now see her friends that she have been asking about. She smiled when she saw Malia and Khalil entered the room.

"Hey, I'm so glad you are ok" Malia squealed, kissing her cheeks.

"I am glad to see you guys" she smiled, holding on to Malia's fingers and looked up at Khalil.