( twenty-two )

───────────────

───────────────

AFTER AIMLESSLY WANDERING around the unfamiliar area for a good hour, you came across a very unsightly looking turtle that had nine legs.

"ew, what the fuck."

highly grossed out, you stomped on the animal/bug expecting to kill it only to watch it disappear with a poof and leave a card behind.

you picked up the card and examined the contents.

'what do i do with this?'

"hey, newbie. give me that card and everything will be fine."

a man who you've never seen before approached you with a floating book.

'what does this guy want?'

"i won't say it again. give me that card or i'll take them the hard way!" the man demanded. "you probably don't even know the value of that card, so hand it over."

"i don't give things for free, bozo." you shooed him off and attempted to walk away, only for him to start yelling at you again.

"looks like i'll have to take it by force." the man took out one of his own cards and began to chant. "thief on, atta-"

before he could finish casting his spell, you had already taken the card out of the man's hand.

"tell me how you get that book and maybe i'll spare your life and give this card back." you tossed the card in your hand, awaiting an answer.

"like hell i'll tell you! keep that card, i don't care anymore." he sneered and began to walk away. you were just about to let him off the hook when he decided to aggressively hit your shoulder with his own.

"alright, that's it."

you swerved back around, put him in a choke hold, and slammed him down against the floor.

"alright, tell me how you get the fucking book before i take your ability to make children."

you conveniently had heels on which neared dangerously close to his lower region.

"f-fine! you just have to say 'book' with the intention of materializing it and it should pop out!"

skeptical, you imagined an open book. "book." low and behold, a book with empty card slots appeared in front of you.