( twenty )

───────────────

───────────────

YOU, KURAPIKA, AND melody all stood in front of pakunoda who kept her word and arrived at the designated location alone.

you locked eyes with pakunoda which seemed to distraught her.

'she was linked with the chain used as well?!' pakunoda thought.

chrollo was beside you, still trapped in chain jail with the addition of chains covering his mouth, preventing him to speak.

you had a dagger against his neck, giving a silent warning to pakunoda that if she tried anything, her boss would be dead.

"to verify, are you pakunoda of the phantom troupe?" kurapika interrogated.

"yes, i am."

you looked over to melody who confirmed she was telling the truth.

"let's begin. i will present each of you with two conditions. if you choose to abide by them, i will release your leader." kurapika's eyes burned a beautiful scarlet as he dangled is judgment chain from his finger.

'we have to hope that pakunoda doesn't figure out that kurapika's weakness is that he'd rather save killua and gon than killing chrollo.' you thought.

"second, i forbid all contact with other troupe members form now on. those are my conditions. and to make sure you adhere by them, i will stab your leader with my judgement chain. are there conditions acceptable?"

"... yes, i accept."

you let out an unknown breath you were holding as kurapika stabbed his judgment chain into chrollo and pakunoda's heart.

"now, return to you companions and let them know of the exchange. i want you to bring the hostages to lingon airport before midnight tonight. come alone and tell no one where you're going."

"i understand."

pakunoda left without a word and returned to the base leaving you, kurapika, melody, and chrollo.

kurapika pulled you aside away from chrollo. "what did chrollo say to you when you got captured by him before?"

your eyebrows shot up as you weren't expecting this question to come out of your friend. "what's this? kurapika is finally asking me for something after all the irrational decisions? whatever do i owe the pleasure?" you tauntingly replied.

kurapika grabbed your shoulders and pushed you back until your back hit the wall, his figure looming over you. his red eyes were the only things you could see with the shadow that cascaded over his face.

"y/n. this isn't the time for fooling around. tell me what he asked you." kurapika gripped your shoulders tighter.

"ouch, stop gripping so hard." you smacked his hands away and sat down on the floor. "all he asked me was if i was willing to join the phantom troupe. that's it. i said no, of course."

kurapika calmed down and nodded his head in understanding before walking away back to chrollo.

sighing, you looked out of the window of the airship to see pakunoda accompanied by gon and killua. but there seemed to be another who tagged along.

'hisoka?!'

walking back to kurapika, you leaned in closer to hear his conversation with hisoka.

"no need for concern. i left a double behind~"

'so he got illumi to substitute for him using his needles... smart bitch.' your eye twitched at hisoka's audacity.

"allow me to board the airship. if you refuse, i'll kill gon and killua."

"kurapika, you know he's bluffing, right?" you whisper shout to him but he didn't seem to listen.

'yeah, okay just ignore me then, asshole. he just wants to fight chrollo.' you thought.

the airship you were in and the airship pakunoda was in landed safely on the rocky cliffs.

as kurapika was about to commence the exchange, you stopped him and called killua.

"place the phone next to your heart." you ordered.

he obligated and rested his beetle phone on his chest while you handed your phone to melody.

"nothing is wrong with his heartbeat." melody reassured.

"okay. begin the exchange!"

killua and gon walked on the edge of the cliff to your right while chrollo walked on the right.

once the two were safely back with you, kurapika, and leorio, you kicked hisoka out of the airship and flew off.

kurapika apologized thoroughly to killua and gon for exposing them to danger as you sat back and finally rested your eyes.

────  ◡̈₊· • .  .°

you looked over kurapika who was sleeping in the bed with a high fever.

sighing, you stood up and stretched before turning to leorio. "i have to get back to yokohama. keep me updated on kurapika, kay?"

"got it. stay safe, y/n. i know kurapika really needed your help."

you lightly smiled and walked off.

───────────────

( a/n: the yorknew auction is finally complete! i had an idea for the next arc, but i'm not so sure it makes sense lol

( a/n: the yorknew auction is finally complete! i had an idea for the next arc, but i'm not so sure it makes sense lol. i might just say fuck it and write it if i don't have my other ideas. thanks for reading and have a nice day/night xx. )