( fourteen )

───────────────

───────────────

A MAN WITH slicked black hair who was also wearing a leathery fur coat sat before you, dazai, and chuuya. chuuya's face recoiled in disgust while you attempted to keep a poker face. machi and hisoka were nowhere to be found, leaving the four of you remaining in the base.

you were annoyed, filthy, and most of all, hungry. machi and hisoka overlooked your basic human necessities for days. after you found out that killua and gon managed to escape from nobunaga, you were relived. but, as a result of their escape, you weren't given any food, liquids, or given the chance to use the toilet for around roughly a week.

now at last, the person the troupe calls 'boss' finally presented himself to you.

the man removed his chin that was perched against the palm of his hand before speaking. "hello, my subordinates have spoken great things about you three."

the three of you kept quiet while he continued.

"you are not nen users." he stood up and began to slowly pace the damp building. "but you have nen-like abilities." he stopped right in front of your figure.

his index finger trailed along your jawline before hooking under your chin and gently lifting up your head. his thumb caressed your bottom lip as he examined your facial features, memorizing every last attribute. before he could go any further, he was launched across the room by an invisible force. his back slammed against the concrete wall, emitting a loud thud and creating a crater.

you bewilderedly snapped to your left to see chuuya with his right arm extended out. a faint red aura surrounded him before dispersing away. his face showed worry, jealousy, and anger.

the mysterious enigma of a man grunted and stood up.

"a gravity manipulator, impressive."

chuuya shot the man as scowl before lightly slithering his arm around your waist and pulling you slightly behind him and dazai.

the phantom troupe member lightly smiled. "how rude of me. i neglected to properly introduce myself. i am chrollo lucilfer, founder of the phantom troupe."

───────────────