( nineteen )

───────────────

───────────────

PREVIOUSLY...

you watched gon and killua purposefully get captured by the phantom troupe while kurapika made a silent escape.

chrollo began to speak, but due to the thunder and pouring rain, you were unable to hear a single word.

sighing at your friend's recklessness, you began to trail gon and killua, who were now hostages, from afar.

PRESENT...

YOU WERE NOW seated next to leorio in the lobby of the beitacle hotel, eyeing killua and gon in your peripheral vision. you had a very realistic (color) wig on which leorio just so happened to have in the back of his car. you were also wearing kurapika's clothes rather than your own because chrollo would be able to recognize you instantly.

'i wonder if leorio does cosplay...'

shaking your head, you focused your mind on the goal.

looking at leorio as confirmation to begin your little skit, he nodded his head and you both began to act.

"are you an idiot?! i told you, that you have to get it to my office!" leorio screamed at you. "how many times do i have to repeat myself? well?!"

you swallowed your pride and looked sorrowfully down to the floor, playing your part as the innocent assistant of a rich boss.

you tried to convince kurapika to change the act so that you'd be the one who got to scream at leorio, but kurapika brought your voice into the factor and that chrollo would recognize your voice so therefore you had to go along with this shitty skit.

'i cant believe i'm letting a man treat me like this. this is humiliating.'

leorio looked over to gon and killua. "hmm? what are you looking at, kid? huh?"

chrollo looked unfazed as he ordered shizuku to look the other way.

leorio began to scream at other strangers that were close by. "what? you think this is a show? scram!"

turning back to you, leorio continued to scream. "look, with failures like you working for me, my future's about to turn real dark. listen, i'm going to close my eyes and say this once. one more mistake and you're fired!"

leorio shoved a brief case into your arms and spoke loud and clearly. "you better get this over to my office by seven o' clock sharp, got it?!"

you quickly scurried away out of the hotel and found an alleyway. opening the brief case leorio gave you, you changed out of kurapika's clothes and into your own.

as soon as you finished changing, you waited right outside of the entrance and waited for seven o' clock to strike.

when the lights turned dark, you quietly rushed back into the building and dragged chrollo out using rashomon. his mouth was covered and rashomon gripped his torso tightly as a warning that if he tried tried to escape, he would instantly die. sprinting back to the car that was parked outside, you practically tossed chrollo over to kurapika who wrapped his body with chain jail.

leorio continued to drive to the location where chrollo would be held hostage while you very awkwardly sat yourself in between chrollo and kurapika in the middle seat.

"what are you looking at." kurapika snapped at chrollo.

"nothing. i just didn't expect the chained user to be a woman." chrollo defended.

"who said i was?" kurapika took of his platinum blond wig. "regardless, you should watch what you say for it may be the last thing that comes out of your mouth."

'good grief. he's definitely going to piss kurapika off.'

and you were right.

chrollo now had a bruised face and kurapika was calming down as he made a phone call to phinks. in this time, chrollo diverted his attention to you.

"it seems as though my feeling was right. we meet again, y/n." chrollo gave an innocent smile. "i hope you've put thought and consideration to my offer."

you could practically hear kurapika's bloodlust as he over heard your one sided conversation to chrollo and decided it was best not to reply.

you reached your destination and entered the airship while waiting for pakunoda's arrival.

───────────────

( a/n: i'm back lol

( a/n: i'm back lol. but the york new arc is nearly over !! i also changed the theme for this book to red and yellow rather than pink and yellow. i would also like to thank you for 17k+ reads. i remember i was so shocked i reached even 1k but look where we are haha. thank you for your patience xx. )