( ten )

───────────────

───────────────

YOU LET OUT a breath of relief that your former boss didn't seem to hold any bad grudges against you or dazai. now all you had to do was patiently wait for the auction to begin.

after a few minutes, all of the attending mafiosos were gathered in a large auditorium. a sickly feeling went up your spine causing you to lightly grip on the hem of dazai's coat. dazai took notice and brought you over to a less crowded corner of the room to talk.

"hey, what's up?" dazai looked at you with concerned eyes.

"i just have a bad gut feeling. i'm going to be really on edge tonight so if anything looks fishy to you just go behind me and i'll use rashomon: devoured space."

dazai nodded in understanding and you both collectively decided to stay where you were. you watched two men walk from behind the curtains. one was particularly short while he other was abnormally tall.

"uh.. i would like to welcome you to the underground auction."

the chatter of the mafia bosses died down as they directed their attention to the speaker.

"enough formalities. let us get down to the business at hand, shall we?"

you watched the tips of the tall man's fingers detach them selves from chains and pointed them at the audience.

dazai, who had put the pieces together much faster than you did, grabbed your shoulders and used you as a human shield. getting a grasp of the situation you immediately used rashomon: devoured space.

"time for you to die!"

bullets came shooting from every direction imaginable. you and dazai were crouched down, the only thing protected yourselves was your gifted ability.