( fifteen )

───────────────

───────────────

it was around two in the morning. chuuya sat in his office filling out important paperwork. being a port mafia executive certainly isn't a job to be taken lightly. a half drunk wine glass was perched in his hand.

he was filling out the last few words of his paper when he heard muffled yelling that practically everyone in the port mafia could hear.

thinking it was one of his subordinates demanding their target to tell them answers, he ignored the yelling.

the yelling continued and entities could be heard crashing against the walls, floors, ceilings, anything. this continued for two more hours before chuuya gripped the wine glass in his hand but careful not to use any gravity force on it as it was one of his most expensive brands, 1964 romanée conti.

patters of footsteps echoed through the port mafia halls. the owner of the footsteps abruptly stopped in front of chuuya's door and gave it a harsh knock. if they had knocked any harder, the door would have surely fallen off.

chuuya let out an irritated sigh and swung open his oak door. "what do you want— kouyo?" chuuya opened the door wider and straightened his back, not wanting to be scolded for his back posture by the woman who practically raised him.

"dazai and akutagawa— they're gone."

chuuya triumphantly smirked and placed his hand in his hip.

"good riddance! that suicide maniac is finally gone. too bad he took his little student too. where'd they go—"

"chuuya." kouyo's voice was serious and deep. "let me rephrase my last sentence. dazai and y/n are gone."

chuuya's eyes widened as he put the pieces together.

'the yelling... the thrashing... that was gin and ryunosuke.'

"WHAT?!" chuuya erupted in rage. not sparing another glance at kouyo, he stormed down the seemingly endless stairs of the port mafia. opening doors along the way.

when he reached the first floor, he was met with akutagawa's rashomon and gin's sharpest knives.

"WHERE IS SHE." akutagawa demanded.

chuuya ignored akutagawa and frantically looked around for your room. he broke down the door and opened all of the doors. your belongings were gone. not a single entity left.

"y/n? this is a prank, right? c'mon, jokes over. y/n..?
Y/N?!"

when his mind finally registered you were gone without a trace, chuuya fell to his knees and stared at his hands. he didn't notice before, but shards of glass pierced his skin. both the deep red wine and crimson blood consolidated.

his wine glass wasn't the only thing broken that night.

───────────────

( a/n: THANK YOU GUYS FOR 2K READS!! i'm so happy you guys are reading this book but it's making me nervous now that i know people have high(ish) expectations xx

( a/n: THANK YOU GUYS FOR 2K READS!! i'm so happy you guys are reading this book but it's making me nervous now that i know people have high(ish) expectations xx. )