( seventeen )

───────────────

───────────────

KILLUA'S POV:

"hey, kurapika, let us help you, okay? we'll do anything. just tell us what you need." gon urged.

'c'mon, say no.'

"but... the reward was recinded." kurapika stated, confused.

"i know. i still want to stop the troupe. i haven't changed my mind about that."

'turn him down, turn him down!'

"you'd be risking your lives." kurapika replied, concerned for gon's safety.

'great. throw a little fuel on the fire.'

gon's unwavering eyes met kurapika's. a silent exchange between the two.

"right. then let's discuss it."

'he agreed?!'

────  ◡̈₊· • .  .°

"first, we're gonna need someone to watch their base. and provide updates." kurapika began.

"yeah, i can do that." killua volunteered.

"we only want the woman called pakunoda. you can ignore the others. be incredibly careful."

"pfft, who do you take me for?" killua retorted.

"i'll also need a driver to accompany me. leorio, can i count on you?" kurapika turned to his right.

"y-yeah." leorio spluttered, not expecting kurapika to need his assistance.

"okay, what about me?" gon asked.

"create a diversion. that will draw their focus." kurapika replied.

"hey. wait a minute, that's really dangerous. you really expect gon to face the troupe members again?" killua asked, slightly leaning forward from his seat.

"while the enemy is busy dealing with gon, i'll capture pakunoda and quietly make my escape." kurapika summarized.

"that plan sounds a little shaky to me." killua's eyes narrowed.

"hey! what if we ask y/n to help us?" gon interjected.

"y/n?" kurapika hesitated. "she has her own duties as a detective, i don't want to intrude-"

"but we saw y/n and her friends captured by the troupe!" gon interrupted. "she still might be in yorknew city!"

killua hummed in agreement. "she doesn't have nen, but she has that black and red shadow thingy. i'm willing to bet her friends she was with have abilities like that too."

kurapika's eyes narrowed in contemplation.

"lighten up, kurapika! she's a detective for crying out loud! plus, you saw her combat during the hunter exam, she's more than capable for this." leorio persuaded.