( twenty-one )

───────────────

───────────────

YOU RETURNED BACK to the agency as fast as you could since you still had no idea if dazai had returned at all and you had to assist ranpo with meeting up with one of his a so-called friends.

you walked into the agency's office and took a seat next to ranpo who was sitting back, legs resting on the table, munching on pocky.

"oh, y/n. good, you're here! did dazai come with you?" ranpo asked while beginning to pack his bag.

'so he didn't come back yet?'

"no. we went our separate ways after an... incident but i assumed he would've returned back here by himself. i guess not." the last thing you wanted ranpo to know was your little love triangle with dazai and chuuya.

"hmm okay. well, let's go! my friend is waiting." ranpo hurried you out of the door.

────  ◡̈₊· • .  .°

an unknown man stood before you. his hair covered his eyes and had a raccoon on his shoulder. if you squinted hard enough, you could've easily mistaken him for dazai.

"welcome back, ranpo. i see you've brought a friend." the man's covered eyes glanced over to you before returning back to ranpo.

"i am poe! detective and master of intellect!" he dramatically stood up and introduced himself.

───────────────

NEW CHARACTER: EDGAR ALLAN POE, RANPO'S "RIVAL"

───────────────

"after you defeated me and won the information of the weaknesses of the guild before... i found a novel that i long forgot. but now i present this to you!"

poe slammed a thick book on his desk and began to give a brief summary. "in this dystopian like world, a criminal is killing off more and more people to escape this reality using their hidden power. they feign innocence and make allies before betraying them and slaughtering them all! figure out the culprit and i will reveal more top secret information of the guild."

a bright yellow ball of light began to form in poe's hand before you were unexpectedly sucked into the book.

clutching your head due to headache, you let your eyes adjust before taking a look around your surroundings. vast, vibrant green fields coved the land and large mountains could be made out.

"okay. hey, ranpo? let's try to get this over with quick—"

you cut yourself off as ranpo was nowhere in sight.

'did he not get sucked in?'

you patted down your pockets to look for your phone, only to realize you didn't have it.

"damn. looks like i'll have to figure out this mystery myself."

you looked at yourself to see if anything had changed only to notice that all of your previous belongings that had resided in your pockets were gone. the only entity that remained was the pretty green ring that was on your pointer finger.

'this.. isn't even my ring. i guess it's necessary for the plot.'

you shoved your hands into your pockets and began to slowly explore this new and unfamiliar world.

BONUS

"huh?!" after poe's ability had been cast, only he and ranpo were in the room.

picking up the book frantically, poe vigorously flipped through the pages until realization dawned on him.

"... i-i can only send in one person at a time."

he fell to his knees and stared at the floor in "defeat."

ranpo who was eating his fifth lollipop, sighed. "i have to wait here until y/n comes back so just transport me into more novels while we wait.

poe's mood did a 180 as he happily rummaged through his desk for another novel.

───────────────

( a/n: yeah. i have no idea what i'm doing right now so please bear with me. i had no clue how to include y/n into the greed island arc so this is what i came up with. i hope it makes sense bc if it doesn't, that's embarrassing for me HAHA. )